Next conceiving timeframe after a first trimester miscarriage

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by an123, Feb 21, 2012.

1. an123

an123 Bronze IL'ite

Hi ladies

I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks in Dec 2010. My doctor advised us to try again after 3 mths when the periods are more regular. Have been trying since Mar 2011 and it will be 1 year of trying next mth. My periods are normal and I am trying naturally and my doctor has already checked and said I am ovulating regularly.

I was wondering the timeframe when others who faced similar situations conceived again. Please do share your experience

regards
    An123

2. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

Dear an123

After miscarriage, doctors usually advice to tk a break for 3 months.But, after that u can conceive without any problem. hav u undergone follicular scan in which doctor will advice u when to intercourse (most fertile period)..Doctors also prescribe some medicines to correct progesterone level....Good luck, hav patience..u will conceive soon

Baby dust to u....

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  3. an123

an123 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Rachna. All your support means a lot to me.....

I havent gone for any follicular test, my doctor advised to try alternate days from day 10 to 18. Which I do in every cycle. My cycles are usually 28 days.

I did go for a day 21 Progesterone blood test and my level was very good at 46.

4. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

Dear an123,

hav faith in God and ur doctor, everythng will b fine soon...ur baby is waiting for the right time to come in ur lap...
    In my case, i undergone follicular scan and then doctor told me abt my most fertile period and was asked to try for few days just after follicles had ruptured.It worked on me.Dont worry,everythng will b all right

Baby dust to u...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  5. bukbuk

bukbuk Silver IL'ite

It really depends from person to person. Some lucky ones conceive immediately as soon as they start trying after the 3 months break, and for some it might take longer, even with no known problems. But one thing is certain, it will definitely happen.

6. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

and one more thing dear An123... why doctor asked to try on alternate days and not everyday?? My doctor had asked to try every day to increase the chances and it worked on me...but i really want to know the reason from other indusladies abt this...

7. bukbuk

bukbuk Silver IL'ite

I don't know if this is true in OP's case, but if the sperm count is an average value (and not enormous), doctors may advise having sex only on alternate days to increase the chance of conception.

8. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

Thanx a lot bukbuk for this valuable information. I even cross checked the same with doctor but as she was aware abt my DH sperm count , so she had suggested us everyday.

Dear An123,
    pls check the same with ur doctor only

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  9. an123

an123 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Rachna

My doctor had particularly told me to do it once in alternate days as I used to try it everyday.

The reason he gave was that with a build up of semen, the speed of ejaculation is higher and it would reach a further distance. Trying everyday sometimes maybe not effective as although you think more times more chances, in actual effect the semen may not have travelled that far and may just reach only the cervix.

Since sperms survive from 3-5 days, doing once in 2 days gives a higher chance. He also said that this is based on recent research and the doing everyday method is actually old school of thought.