1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

newly opened playschool

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by smrithiji, Oct 31, 2014.

1. smrithiji

smrithiji New IL'ite

Hi all! Have just opened a new playschool in Chennai. It's from 1.5 yrs-4 yrs toddlers. I have well trained teacher and support staff and school is Montessori based. Started during Vijaydasami. On 15 days I have 3 admissions and many enquiries. How do I increase admissions. My aim is Atleast 10. Some parents are reluctant to put their kids due to low streng, but I just started. How do I increase strength?

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

hello,

congratulations on on your new venture! You have just started; it will take a bit longer to fire up.

Advertising in local papers/ news letters or distributing pamphlets would help. Open up a facebook page with information and attractive pictures of the school. (Avoid pictures of the kids; many parents do not like it) get your family and friends to like it. Update details several times a week about what fun activities you did with the kids. Or about the super healthy meals you have on offer. Have a short profile of yourself and staff on the page too with confident pics. You could add links to montessori sites or parenting sites about how parents can Help complement what you do in school... Endless possibilities, really.

Beyond that, word of mouth will be the best form of advertising. All the best

3. sangeeG

sangeeG Silver IL'ite

1. take very good care of kids,which will give fame to you thorough the parents of the current kids.
    2. give some referral offers, like if they refer one more kid, some reduction in fees for a month or so.
    3. give notice to nearby homes and have some offers like join in 10 days and have some % off. people always like offers.
    4. if you find some kids who are faraway from your preschool, for first few months see if you could pick the children up. (not sure how much this is affordable), but parents will be happy if transport is safe and if picked up from home.

4. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Is this post a form of advertising too thinkingsmiley
    Good luck with your new venture.
    All schools start this way only. 3 decades back, PSBB school authorities used to go door to door advertising for their school and today they choose the children.
    Your care for the kids is the most important thing. As a parent, I prefer to hear from other parents as apposed to offers/advertisements.