Newly Married Women-financial Tips

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by salad, Sep 18, 2017.

1. prreeya

prreeya Silver IL'ite

It really exists dear just the intensity is changed, they just don't accept in public but in private and in mind woman is their possession.

salad likes this.
  2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

In most cases, husband earns more and spend more. Suppose a wife earns more than her husband (imagine , husband's income is 60% of wife's income), then in what happens to this 50/30/20. In most cases, husband wants his wife to spend her full salary or ask her to hand over her salary. What is the best way to deal with this situation.

3. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

I think in normal scenarios one of the salary will be saved fully and other one will be used for expense.

I think wife should give only 50% salary to husband or for expense in the above scenario.20 % must be saved and 30% should be kept for her own flexible spending.

4. DDream

yeah. This is my logic too, but dh complains even after contributing more that 70% to expense. I dont know what to do.

5. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Next time when you get an increment or salary hike don't inform to your dh. Even if he ask tell him this time no increment. If possible don't share the bank account with him.

6. DDream

No we only have common account to manage common expenses. I manage my own where he dont have access. He never demands money but expect me to contribute more. If I dont contribute more how can one manage all expenses. Asking for more making me uncomfortable and create issues. So I try to avoid it.. That is the issue I guess. In US because of tax return process one can easily know the income by end of the year.

7. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

@DDream Do you think it is the time for him/ both of you to change job and get a big salary hike? Then there will be more financial flexibility which in turn makes less financial stress?

8. DDream

Thanks. Yeah I need to find a way to add more to savings ..it look like