1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie readers at IL, Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Gayathri47, Oct 5, 2010.

1. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi @chirpychirps

Welcome to the Book lovers forum. Explore our threads and discussions and join in. You can also share your reviews of books that you have read or start a new discussion in the forum. Happy reading

2. sharmin

sharmin New IL'ite

i like to read novels

3. sharmin

sharmin New IL'ite

i like to read novels

4. sammygirl723

sammygirl723 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I was a voracious reader as a kid. However, as life changed with marriage and family, it became difficult to take time out to read. DH is into watching serials and movies on laptop so I have got hooked on to the same.

However, there was a TV series adaptation of the book The Magicians by Lev Grossman and I was hooked. I read the trilogy and it is awesome. The series is quite rubbish and they have deviated from the actual storyline. The books were lovely though.

5. MahatmaNikhil

MahatmaNikhil New IL'ite

Currently reading books on existentialism. I used to read crime thrillers in high school. Later mostly spy novels and some on political philosophy

6. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I am new to IL, I love reading books, Newspapers & Magazines. Reading Marathon conducted by Goethe Institute prompted me to read more books &write Reviews too. From that time on wards it has become a regular habit. Shobha de, Jhumpa lahari, Ruskin bond & Amitav Ghosh are my favourites. Hope IL will help me to know & read more books.

7. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

hi,
    I am a voracious reader from childhood. The credit goes to my father who used to encourage all of us to read since he himself being a voracious reader despite family & professional ( Adcocate) problems . He ensured unwanted material didn't get into home & so never interfered in our reading any book.
    I also read up to 1 am - 2 am in the night getting all the objection from my DH.Morning i had to go to office after finishing domestic core. I stopped reading why all types of activities 2 yrs before i was diagnosed with cancer. As already said the disease is peculiar that it never comes into picture but deactivates people in all aspects Spiritual, physical & mental attitudes & actions.
    After surgery & treatment i am somewhat better. They give minor dosage of steroid also to keep me active. So i had started reading.Now i am reading two books on Sakthi & Lord Shiva,old & rare & very interesting. But to read & get assimilated at slow phase.
    Earlier i always to be member in Libraries & also we had library in our bank.So God had given me total opportunity to read then itself as He was knowing my future.But one thing all should be careful. Nowadays we work in computers & if the nature of work is number oriented & the voracious reading habit all leads to eye problem at later stage mostly.
    I had done Cataract operations in both eyes.
    " The woods are lovely ,dark & deep bur i have promises to keep & miles to go before i sleep"

8. Nisha78

Nisha78 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am Nisha, new ILite.
    And I am sure this is going to be my most favourite and cherished section of Indusladies.
    I have loved reading books ever since I learnt to read. Qnd now that my 8 year old daughter is doing the same, I can see myself in her.
    I like reading everything, mostly mysteries, travel experiences.
    My favourite authors are Agatha Christie, Shivaji Sawant.
    Recently I read "The mountain between us"...
    What are you ladies reading now?

9. Nisha78

Nisha78 New IL'ite

Hi Venlax
    Thats a wonderful quote!
    I hope you recover totally soon and continue with your journey of book reading.
    It is so inspiring to read what so many of Indus ladies go through and yet come out with more strength and hope for others too.
    And here I am fretting over my biggest problem what to pack everyday for kids lunch.

Take care...
    Nisha

10. vndivi

vndivi New IL'ite

Hi everyone. I like reading books. But couldnt read much during my college days. Now I have slowly started reading books. My area of interest is tamil historical novels. I have so far read almost all the historical novels by Kalki and right now reading the book "maraikapatta India"