1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

New year without mythili [mithila kannan]

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, Dec 31, 2011.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear LN,
    Even though the flower had withered the flagrance it had spread will never diminish. A life time partnership, the joys and sorrows shared together will always remain fresh in memory.
    As Mr Cheeniya has said she will be always with you in your heart.
    Love,
    PS

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear LN Sir

I was touched with your post. Mythili will be always there with you. Glad that I had the opportunity to meet you all with my dh's niece. When I told her the news she was also very sad and was saying Mama must be missing her very much as they were made for each other and how much care he was taking of her.

Mythili will always be in our hearts and may her soul rest in peace. God give you strength and good health.

Regards

3. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,
    Thanks for your condolence message.It will take quite some time for me to come to grips with my altered status.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

4. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Krish,
    Her characters came alive in her narration.Until retirement we had our roles cut out and therefore too busy to indulge each other.The situation changed dramatically after retirement and companionship bl;ossomed further.I am helpless except to share my grief with others and pray for her soul.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMNARAYANAN

5. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mindian,
    Yes it is a tough life for me and inspite of a doting family. I become lonely now and then.I fondly recall your visit to our home and the wonderful chat we all had.Thanks.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

6. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji
    She was a fighter and Doctors said that rarely they came across a close knit family like ours.The fabric is torn now.
    I deliberately stopped blogging as she was unable to do so,like she also took saltless diet after my heart surgery years back.
    We had a wonderful time when you visited us and Mythili caringly prepared for your lunch.When I thought that I should offer Beer she put her foot down stating that you were visiting us as her guest.When we discussed your writing on subjects and areas which others were scared of, she described you as James Bond-[the licence to kill.]
    It is prayers from friends like you that keeps me going .
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2012
  7. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchtainanda,
    Thanks for words of appreciation on Mythili's writings and message of condolence.Her writings grew on some of her fans.It is a void which is going to take quite some time to get over.
    Regards
    Lakshiminarayanan

8. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Aruna,
    Thanks for message of sympathy.When we came across some broken marriages,she felt that boys are not getting properly groomed to handle a marriage unlike girls who are put through a grinder before the marriage.That is how her serial open letters to daughters and sons originated.She was a firm believer in bulding up relationships and many of her writings and stories reflected this thought.That was committed was borne by the energy and and time she spent on giving FBs.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

9. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,
    Thanks for your words of comfort.Our cook Parimalam overheard me calling Mythili as Babs She went asked "mami -ongalodhau love marriaja-mama chella perule koopudarare?Mythili asked her to check with Mama.I told her that it was love after sixty.She nodded her head though nonplussed.'Ninaikathedindha maname unakku marakka
    theriyada-pazhaga therindha uyure unakku vilaga theriyada' Kannadasan's immortal lines-easier said than happening.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

10. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Radha,
    Thanks for your message which I deeply appreciate.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN