1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

New Year Resolutions, Talks, Trees And Runs!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Hey Srama, nice narration. Hope you have recovered from your fall. I left making new year resolutions years ago. Probably, I made a resolution to not make resolutions and looks like I have kept it for years. This year though with DH, we plan to clean the house - getting rid of things that we thought we will use someday. It started with going to the Goodwill store for donating them before the last year ended to get a tax deduction and has continued in this year. Hope it continues for a while, a lot has been accumulated over the years.

Srama likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sabitha,

Nice to read a snippet from you at the beginning of the year. I hope you feel better now after you were dragged down the hill by Toby. I am still imagining Toby as a little one and apparently had the power to drag you down the hill. I hope you feel better.

Of all the resolutions I have heard, "not to pay fine to the library" is the funniest. If I were to make a similar resolution at my end, I had to do a resolution to collect all my books I give away to the friends. I buy all the books I like, talk about it passionately with the friends and give it to them to read when they ask for it. Invariably, most of them never return the book. Now, I am becoming smarter by buying two books when I like something, one for circulation and one for my library.

If I were in your shoes, my first two resolutions would have been, "Avoid falling" and "Speak louder". Frankly, speaking with low voice attracts more attention from everyone than shouting. Even intensity of talking to self increases automatically when our aspiration/desperation is high.

Regarding becoming like a tree, apart from all those wonderful traits we generally know about the trees, recently I heard that they help the roots of a dead tree stay alive for some strange reason. They talk to each other (apart from talking to Sabitha) and their support system is far superior to the humans. There are so much to learn from the plants, insects and animals and more they publish their life, the better we become.

Welcome back to IL in the year 2017. My resolution this year is to practice silence as much as possible, focus more on things that matter the most and let all other things go, before June 2017 find a new interesting thing that I could do on the side now which I can do full time after retirement and lastly strengthen the bond with the family and friends.

Viswa

Srama, girvani and shyamala1234 like this.
  3. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

How I wish just like you said, my boy was only lost and was to be found later. Unfortunately that's not the case Sabitha :disrelieved: he passed away last Thursday. We had a Labrador (Scooby ) and he was 12 yrs old who lived with my parents, he breathed his last in the hospital. I'm feeling miserable since I could not say goodbye in person, I was away and that hurts like hell. I miss him so very much, he was a month old when dad got him and I was in college then.

4. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Oh @Srama. How happy to read your post. Happy new year to you and yours. You know what, I think about being a tree quite often. Many times I get satisfied with rendering my services unconditionally to the family. But, many times I get the feeling why I have to be the only person on service. I am working on it.
    No new year resolutions for me as I have pending million resolutions to be implemented. Take care
    Vani

Srama likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear JS Ma'm,

Thank you for your response. Sorry about my delayed response, slightly busy but no excuse.

6. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Happy New Year Sabitha..glad to know u are doing well after the fall!

Srama likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Shanvy,

Nice to see your response here. Sorry about my delayed response back...some what hectic and I do want to take time to acknowledge! I still like resolutions some what. Now that I think about it, breaking them gives me fun! oh boy! I am not sure why nature gives me the pleasure it gives. I am sure it does the same to every one but may be I react :)

That song is my most favorite, the way it goes on describing the nature of Shiva! Don't tire of few things right? Hope all is well with you and kiddos! Love!

And I posted again to your response. I must have lost touch.

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Akanksha1982,

Getting rid of stuff is a good idea. I have been at it for years and yet so much more to go. When I do something religiously, it stops being a resolution and now is a habit :) Keep up, keep up!

Thank you for your response.

Akanksha1982 likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

Toby is small only by age sir! Just a year and half old puppy but is a big boy. I think he scared himself the way he dragged and you should see him now when I walk him - all ears and listening :) Oh I hear you about book borrowers. You are generous to buy two copies. I straight out apologize and not give :( and make it a point to return when I borrow which happens every now and then. To avoid that is why I use library so much. I do love going to the library and hanging out there - one of my favorite activities ever!

On occasion I speak loud in the class, don't get me wrong I am loud enough but not the shouting kind, I complain so much about not feeling centered, I go constantly complaining about it and now the students know that is a side of me they don't want to see! I am known to escape (walk out) from shouting matches between friends or spouses :( I rather lose than shout!

Now! how can I that not bring a smile! My mind is on the trees and my eyes are too even while driving!

Seem like good resolutions, the ones you have made. Best wishes in bringing them to fruition.

As always thank you for your feedback. I quite enjoyed it.

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Oh Meenu! So so sorry. I can be dumb. Really! My apologies for not understanding you the first time. My heartfelt condolences to you. I know how you feel. These little ones do creep into our lives and make a place don't they. Please take heart. Hugs to you!

Scorpio707 likes this.