1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

New Year Resolutions, Talks, Trees And Runs!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Scorpio,

I am so sorry about your dog. I sincerely hope you find it or that the finder returns it to you. I know how it feels. Toby has run away a couple of times and thankfully every time we knew he had escaped right away and have been fortunate enough to find him. I do hope you find your pup scorpio.

Me too! Have been off for quite sometime now and had this urge to write after a long time. It is so nice to hear from you and it is heartening to know that there is that connection. It makes me smile. Thank you!

Scorpio707 likes this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear cinderella,

so nice to hear from you after such a long time. You do not know how much it helps to know that this made a small difference to you. Thank you. I often get lost in so many issues and forget the little things that delight me - they are so momentary no? To grab them and hold them if hard - this writing helps me calm down as well. A Happy New Year to you. Have a wonderful year ahead!

cinderella06 likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sabitha
    Happy new year. What is with these falls, hope your's didn't harm you much, assuming you were wrapped warm for the snow.

I hear you loud and you don't need to scream ..typical with me too. And i second j you are special and you have a unique way of expressions so just relax and never change.

I wonder why the need to make resolutions and then feel bad for not fulfilling them, instead i am more into go with the flow and reach the goal on the way, so what if the meandering flow teaches me more than i bargained. It is after all knowledge and experience,you never know when they are put to use.

Your love for nature brings a smile every time.
    Another sirivennela songs fan here . Hope the kids are spreading joy under your umbrella.

Srama likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

You know about my resolutions as well. I better not resolve either to write or not to write! They are called resolutions and not promises. Somehow resolutions work better in groups with goals - take running for example. I resolve to run and I know cannot do it alone. So sign up with a group and then I am on a path. The other little resolutions become hard because it is my secret and hence my struggle :)

Thanks to your prompting, I did muster up courage to post after a long time and it feels good to have some good friends come and comment. Glad to hear from you!

satchitananda likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Syamala,

Lack of time! Sounds lame but trust me if I had a moment I would be preparing for class. But then New years and falls and all this good stuff gives a breather and then I realized oopsie, I do have a life out side of what I do every day and hence this post and thanks to good friends like you, I have a big grin on my face now. The fact that anything I write gets read makes me happy. Thank you for being supportive.

Well, with resolutions I get it - I work on my library habit every single time I go into library. This time I have kids on board and they are after me every 15 days or so reminding me of what to do. It is fun you know. I have a confession as much as I claim I know Telugu, I do not know enough to understand great writers like this guy for sirivennela. Knowing my fondness for Shiva, a friend translated it for me and I was hooked! I often go back to the meaning while listening to the song and this past New years our get together with friends was going back on old songs from our school and college days and we ended up covering a lot of songs in Kannada, Telugu and Tamil on Youtube much to the chagrin of our kids! It was so much fun!

Happy New Year to you too!

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Shanvy,

You will be laughing too if I said that I had a lot of family visiting for holidays and they were all watching me walk the dog from the warmth of the house, watched me fall and get dragged and when I walked in was welcomed with "oh the sledding. Was it fun" and the kids took delight showing the long mark to their dad that evening. That should tell you - except for running a fever for a day with aches and pains, I was fine :) Phew!

Thank you for your lovely words. You always make me smile and as for nature, what I can tell you my friend? My DH has caught me on camera - lost and crying in joy looking at something. Those are the times I want to go and hide but I swear when I feel that warmth under a particular tree, makes me really wonder. So much positive energy in this world I tell you. I love it!

Thank you for your sweet feedback!

7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Whaat, still returning those library books Ms.Srama!!! Tsk, tsk, tsk! :)
    Hi @Srama
    For some reason I was happy to read that you still are paying fines on your library books. Nice to know some things havent changed.:)
    My first reaction to your "sledding" was, 'oh my, hope she is alright'. Read one of your responses that you are doing good.
    True to your title, you did meander all over, but I am not complaining.
    Was a "feel good" read.
    If you are having tea, please do come home. This Christmas all my co-workers gave me only tea- various kinds; we can use them all up and catch up too.
    Happy to read your snippet once again

Srama likes this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Rihana,

My apologies. Let me start from the beginning! Did not understand one bit of your towel post, did not realize you had appended to that post! Hence the delayed response to you.

I am truly touched that my post excited you. I have to confess, I have missed writing here and there is a sense of relief knowing that all the craziness I carry around while it actually makes me look crazy outside, makes me feel understood here. A relief!

I want to transition to kindle but I love the smell of books, especially from the library - just imaging how many hands that book has gone through and might have made a difference and don't even get me started on books from half price books. Then my DS, he loves owning books...so kindle has a long way to give before it is understood.

and snow boots! Must have! I tell you what after I posted this, while taking toby on a walk realized there was this big raccoon sitting on the street and I could sense Toby's excitement. So the intelligent being that I am now, I walked back, just that raccoon was stubborn and was still there on our return but I did one more walk and guess who won? Me!! It was so much fun but all that story led to me wondering about the lovely day and taking myself out to do a 6 miler after 6 long moths!

End of the day, I was happy that my craziness is still alive though I am sore like crazy today. But I will survive.

Thank you for your excitement!

Rihana likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamala,

I see you still remember! Add to that, my sink - it is as full as ever! My akshayapatre I tell you. So nice to see you here after a long time. Thank you also for making me feel good with your response. I know I wanted to put down but I know my meandering will be understood here! And I was not wrong :)

Feels good to be back!

kkrish and Rihana like this.
  10. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

So fanciful,Srama.It is enlightening to read your wonderful narration.We need not bother about resolutions or promises.After all promises should be kept up...........as promises
    for ever.
    jayasala 42

Srama likes this.