1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

New Year Eve: A Different Perspective

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GeetaKashyap, Jan 1, 2019.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

kkrish wanting to be thoughtless! A space enthusiast spaced out! Impossible!:tonguecrazy:
    Both have been wiped out...today we have only some barbarians and Romeos left!

Totally agree. Most resolutions are meant to be broken, more so when they are made under the influence of spirits!:beer-toast1:

Loved the witty cartoon strips!:tonguewink:

Have a great year ahead!:thumbup:

kkrish likes this.
  2. GeetaKashyap

@Srama,

I can understand that mindful persons cannot make resolutions as they live every moment to its fullest! :innocent: Well, when in Rome, do as the Romans do!

3. GeetaKashyap

@Rihana,

Kanaka Dasa wrote, 'Nee maayeyoLago ninnoLu maayeyo' which can be roughly translated as, 'Are you a creature of illusion or is illusion your creation?' ((1509 – 1609) was a poet, philosopher, musician and composer from modern Karnataka. He is known for his Keertanas and Ugabhoga, compositions in the Kannada language for Carnatic music. Like other Haridasas, he used simple Kannada language and native metrical forms for his compositions.) At times, everything is meaningful as it is a part of life and often it is our need to 'fit in' or 'be a part of'! But as the perspectives change, many things that once described us, lose their meaning or significance! Oops! Am I sounding spaced out?

Have a great fulfilling year ahead!:thumbup:

4. GeetaKashyap

Nandu@nandinimithun,

As you said, we don't need to wait for a new year to become a better person. We can create our own special occasions to better and celebrate our selves.
    Our miniature wise girl can teach us many BIG things!:innocent::worship2:
    Lots of love to you and your princesses!

Have a happy and prosperous New year!:thumbup:

nandinimithun likes this.
  5. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Haha, I am not really wise enough geets @GeetaKashyap.... Just few silly experiences and mistakes which has bought this mindset.... Happy new year to you and your family too

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  6. GeetaKashyap

Nandu, I call you as 'the wise young woman', so this reference 'Our miniature wise girl' is attributed to your DD!

nandinimithun likes this.
  7. nandinimithun

Haha, thanks for the clarification geets... . Not sure about me, but dd does sound wise for her age....

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  8. nandinimithun

That makes me write another post about my conversation with my dd, mini me:laughing::grinning::cheer:

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  9. Sinant

Sinant Silver IL'ite

Dear Geetha,

Wish you and yours a very happy & prosperous new year 2019, wish you all lots and lots of love, laughter and good health. I do agree with your thoughts. We don’t need a specific day to start a revoluation / follow a resolution. More so, it sounds so stupid to me when someone asks how long would your resolution last :confused:
    Meanwhile, our family is spread across Aus, India, Uk & US. Hence, the new year rings-in in that order and the wishes never seem to end for 3 days :innocent: However, the best of the lot - light work at office during that time of the year :tongueclosed:

Best Regards
    Sinant

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  10. GeetaKashyap

Hi @Sinant ,

Thanks for your greetings. Yes, I do see your point behind the celebrations, it is the same in my family too. This write-up was to express some wishes and search for some rationale.

Sinant likes this.