New to Singapore

Discussion in 'New to Singapore' started by sohamchhaya, Jul 4, 2011.

1. sohamchhaya

sohamchhaya New IL'ite

Hi..
    Nice to know that some people have come forward to help others in an unknown country which is no more now but still always new for new onces. Anyways i am planning to have my one year study in brad fort rex institute which is at sophia rd, there are certain specific queries. Will be very helpful if you can answer those..

1) Can i find cheap accommodation nr sophia rd, if yes what will be the rent, if no, what shld be next residential location? Considering my wife as well.
    2) How is local people approach towards Indian, also how r they, Indian are meant to like handwork, helping, generous etc (at least once who come down to new place and start from scratch , how would you rate culture and people their?
    3) How much time does it take to get a job their respective to their grades once you land in. Ex Hospitality area, junior level, middle level, etc?
    4) Do all jobs their require local PR or citizens or sometimes other are also preferred?
    5) If nothing works, can i have jobs at hotel, or anywhere in case nothing works, to get going some how?

please do the needful

Thank you in advance

2. sgfam11

sgfam11 New IL'ite

Your institute is probably "Bradford Rex" and fortunately it is Edutrust provisional certified which means, according to law, they cannot ask you for deposit of any kind, and there will be some Fee protection scheme in place etc.

3. SwapnaJayesh

SwapnaJayesh New IL'ite

Hi,
    Iam Swapna and recently moved to singapore probably two months. I am a Hr professional and have 5 yrs of experience . Iam basically looking out for a part time job but that also seems to be too difficult without the PR status. I have posted my resume in mums @ Singapore then careermums @ singapore . But they all come back saying that without PR status it is difficult.

Do we have a coffee morning among Indian women in Singapore . where we can meet and chat for a while...
    Hope to hear from someone

4. Yahvi06

Yahvi06 New IL'ite

Hey Sawpna,

Where do you stay..I am living near Paya lebar mrt.:)

5. Neha70

Neha70 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    Can any one tell me a good beauty parlor to get a hair cut near Tampines ave 7. I tried to get my hair cut near my apartment. But i was not satisfied with their service.

6. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Neha,

There is Rupini's in Tampines blk 138, Street 11 round market.

Neha70 likes this.
  7. Neha70

Neha70 New IL'ite

Hi AkilaMani,

Thank you . I will try out there.

AkilaMani likes this.