1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

New to Maryland

Discussion in 'Indians in Washington DC' started by SriPriya123, Jul 18, 2012.

1. SriPriya123

SriPriya123 Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I'm new to IL and also Maryland.. My husband got a job in Chevy Chase and we are wondering if we need to find an apartment in MD or VA. We are considering the following points.. Can you all ladies please chip in with your thoughts:

1) Cost of the Apartment - Good community and around 1.5K monthly rent
    2) Around half hour commute to Chevy Chase in traffic.. If we can use the metro that will be great
    3) How easy is it to get licence in both states. I heard the rules in MD are stringent than in Virginia?

I do not know if i'm missing any other points..
    Which state do you think will be better?

Thanks!

- SriPriya

2. pearl123

pearl123 New IL'ite

Hi Did you find any apartments? we are also moving to Maryland...My husband got job in chevy chase MD.If you find any apartmants just let me know ...we are also searching...pls reply back

3. SriPriya123

SriPriya123 Silver IL'ite

No Pearl, we are temporarily staying in gaithersburg. Due to traffic it takes an hour to commute by car. We also want to move, but not sure where. Near Chevy Chase its all 2k apts... too expensive... Please keep me also posted on your apt hunting. Some of my husbands' colleagues live in rockville and herndon and it takes almost 40 mins to an hr for commute..

Thanks.