1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

New To Long Island..how To Be Prepared For Winter

Discussion in 'Indians in Long Island' started by SRK123, Nov 11, 2016.

1. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies.. We moved to Long Island a couple of weeks ago and now in an apartment in westbury- Westwood village-since a week.. I don't really know anyone here either..It's really too cold here.. I'm wondering and kinda worried how bad the actual winter is gonna be.. In December and January.. I know it's going to snow here.. Read it online.. But don't have an idea of what to expect actually and be prepared.. Just want to know what winter clothes to buy, should we buy additional heaters from what the apartment already has? Any hurricanes or power cuts expected? Any food to be stored? Plz give me all the tips that you can.. Btw..I have two kids 2 and 8 yrs old.. Also hoping to meet people and make friends for myself and children

2. Leens8

Leens8 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am new to this group. I have been in NY for the past 13 years and moved to Long Island in Jan 2016 (lived in Queens before that). Honestly speaking, winter in NY is brutal. You definitely need to have warm clothing, GLOVES is a must if you are leaving the house, mainly December, January and February. So far, this year, we have been lucky. Usually the temperature drops a
    Lot more by this time.
    Let me know if you need any additional information.

SRK123 likes this.