New to Kochi? Let's start a newcomers club!

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by alaivani, Dec 19, 2011.

1. alaivani

alaivani Senior IL'ite

HI Ladies. I am Jennifer Kumar.

I am an American married to an Indian. We live in Kochi. Though it's my hubby's hometown, he never lived here before we moved here from US this year. (He was in Delhi.)

I am looking to start an expat group in Kochi. Expats do not have to be foreigners to India.. anyone can join such as:
    Foreigners (of course)
    Desis/Indians moved to Kochi from other parts of India
    NRI / NRKs (Non resident Keralites) who have moved back.
    Local Keralites who are interested to make friends with newcomers

I would say the interested localites are the most important group to add :).... we outsiders want to learn how to be friends with you ;)....

I have a few Americans in the group already, but haven't made anything formal of it. Respond to this thread if you're interested to join. I'd like to be personally in touch with anyone to add to the group reason being unfortunately is this....

I have been on an "Expats in Kerala /Kochi" forum on various sites including Facebook. Some random guys used to email me asking me "Do you know any white foreign women who wanna meet me for a night out of fun?"

I just deleted those messages (and these are not uncommon). So I want to assure that the group is made up of sincere people who do not want to take advantage of stereotypes had of foreigners.

Thanks!!
    Jennifer

2. pradeepaa

pradeepaa Senior IL'ite

Hi Jenifer ,

I am also in kochi. I am in kochi for last one yr . My native is from tamilnadu. I came here for my job :)

3. alaivani

alaivani Senior IL'ite

Thanks Pradeepa! I will send you a private message.

4. georgeradhika

georgeradhika New IL'ite

Hi Jennifer

Are you still living in Kochi? We are planning to relocate to Kochi in 2 years from Mumbai. And I would certainly like to be a part of this expat group. I am a Maharashtrian married to Malayalee, and an absolute Mumbaiite! It would be lovely to know people in Kochi via networking sites such as this one even before we actually move in.

Please do reply.

TC
    georgeradhika

5. devipriya

devipriya Senior IL'ite

I am from trivandrum, in kochi since 2005.. don’t knowwhether I can join the group…. If yes please let me know

6. robbie8all

robbie8all New IL'ite

is this only for ladies ??

7. anishnair9

anishnair9 New IL'ite

Hi Jennifer ,
    My name is Anish and we moved kochi an year back .I live here with my Parents and wife and work fro an IT company.We also try to spend weekends with some friends around here but so far we havent got any such enviornment .I like your idea and we want to join .
    Thanks Anish

8. geeta35

geeta35 New IL'ite

Hi,

I will be moving into Kochi by Apr end, so I would also like to be part of this group. Can I join?

Thanks

Geeta