New Markup Tag Request — "cite"

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Iravati, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Is the "cite tool" a possibility, a feasibility, a viability, or a Christmas gift? I have a very low profile here so it is difficult for me to scout for a claque to rally my need.

Laks, Rihana and the Suriname-Dutch-Desi Nonya have signed the petition. I don't think anyone else has such special needs. Are we four enthusiastic and intrepid women of IL reasonable enough to secure our fanciful tool?

upload_2017-12-1_12-4-39.png

Rihana and Nonya like this.
  2. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

There's a beefy guy with shiny sunglasses and a baseball bat hanging outside my house ... 'casing the joint', no doubt at Ava's instigation. So, before he gets down to business - I second (fourth?) the motion with enthusiasm. I'd use the feature!
    Whew!:coldsweat:

3. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Hey, I am sorry. I am kinda lazy with known friends so I don't go about logrolling them for their ready support. Rihana wrote somewhere once in her shayari days: "I know I matter to people even with no forthcoming gestures". She said it better. I am just saying it bolder. But having you guys here means something in our usual repertoire of marches and protests. One day when Nonya graciously lends me her airfryer, then Laks and Rihana will be treated to my sweet potato veggie cutlets. Promise!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    Laks09 likes this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am truly lost.. why sorry?

Airfryer -- I badly need a few in-person demo's with mine. I am following the recipe but chemistry ain't happening other than over roasted vegetables. : )

5. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Iravati

I love your persistence. Trying to understand this more..

What is the downside of making-do like what Rihana is doing? Is there anything beyond few extra clicks?

6. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

You haven’t seen half of my persistence yet. Wait, till I ramp up these marches with bandanas and painted faces and revolutionary banners.

Ok, to be frank with you, I am slightly sensitive with the aesthetics. Manual formatting to signify ‘cited text’ will yield the same differentiation as having a ready custom-control albeit compromise in consistent aesthetics. I might forget what font and colour I used the previous day to set my text as a borrowed relief over my own writerly [ahem!] plinth. It is less of ease in composing but more of elegance in rendering where sections are designated with consistent markup.

Again, you are the best person to judge the ‘value’ against ‘effort’ against ‘utility’ on this request item.

Would be nice if you can share your technical ideas on how that inlaid text might be implemented — stylised format, or sunken, flat, or raised appearance, or boxed, or rabbit-eared quotes. If the demarcation is only subtle and limited in its technical feasibility, then manual formatting is good enough.

7. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Turn around. Do you spot that camouflaged sniper in that cider tree? Now, look sideways, that hot-dog van parked for a week. Don't move. Shift your gaze to the left. Do you see the bowler hat? Man, your place is heavily staked out for a week and you only noticed that baseball hat. Listen, the uprising is ramped up. A bluish scalp with a ploppy tear is not good enough. Get more charged and comply to our demands to 'lead' the revolution. Don't go investigating the strange noises from your roof. My men are deployed at work to sabotage your dish antennae to repurpose for our covert communication. Kuch karna sokanasanah, hunger strike ke liye volunteer karna.

8. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Iravati: Me!

Admin: Uff!

Iravati: Have you considered my request for "citation" tag?

Admin: Kilauea has erupted and you are worried about your citation tag, eh?

Iravati: I can't control the BIG elements but I wish to control the SMALL elements of style and font.

Admin: Last time, I asked you to submit a report on why you think the citation tag would be beneficial to the community.

Iravati: Yes, I prepared a three-bulleted report.

• Encourage readers to embed reading material whilst easily differentiating their personalized writing.
    • Aesthetics!
    • Consistency!

Admin: Ira, do you realize that women in this forum have better things to indulge in than worry about a fancy "citation" tag. Why don't you saunter around the forum and mingle with everyone and exorcise your obsession with the citation tag by developing compassion and camaraderie towards your fellow iLites and occasionally peep out of that ringing or ninging pampered child of yours. Explore! Have fun! Graze colorful pastures.

Iravati: Does that mean my citation tag will be ready by next week?

upload_2018-5-8_10-52-36.png

Last edited: May 8, 2018