1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

New Jersey - Tamil Ladies - Vanakkam

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by tempy72, Sep 27, 2008.

1. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Oh grove st, then Newport mall is next stop right...we go alot there only during weekends before my deliver.

2. sangee81

sangee81 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    Vanakkam, I am also Tamilian. I'm living in Piscataway. I have 3.5 old kid.Usha u r a tamilian? I don't know that. Plz help me friends i have no (even a single) friends here. My apt is like a senior citizens apt. i got bored, cried and depressed very much. Now I'm pregnant and depressed a lot. My kid doesn't have any playmates. I'm thinking of going india. Is anyone going india this june or july? If anyone nearby my place, i will drive and meet them. or if interested people r most welcome to my home. plz anyone reply my post.

"Thanimai Kollum noi":cry:
    Thank you
    Sangeetha

3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sangee81,

Don't worry dear..after you send me request..i didn't find you anywhere..

If its very urgent, then plan to go, orelse i would say here delivery support,care is awesome...is the loneliness only reason you are planning to travel?

Hey i wonder do you feel bore inspite of having one kid pa? Is she going to any day care/school?

I have 3yrs daughter, day is tight ma...Now its time to be happy, enjoy your pregnancy..don't feel down.

You will wonder even i don't have single friend this 2yrs in this apart, as indians are veryvery less..just 2 weeks before one tamil family has shifted frm seattle after reading my review abt this apartment in our site itseems.

No play grounds,so whole time i and kid stay at home(hubby leaves at7a.,back at8p.m). But i play her favourite programme in t.v do my cooking..then make her to read for some time...while she nap i watch movies, cleaning shelves&other things...evening when she wakesfrom nap in summer, i take her in stroller for short walk,....so plan it yourself busy...

Now due to hormone changes you mood swings...don't worry....if you want to meet, will try that...tell me..stay cool pa.

4. sangee81

sangee81 New IL'ite

Hi Usha,
    Thank u for ur Wonderful reply. It's really a boost for me.

Yes, Of course i am thinking of travel because of loneliness. Otherwise it is not necessary to go. U know my 1 st baby, i delivered her in US only. I knew their caring.That time i had many friends and families. they r very helpful.

After we went to India came back to NJ six months ago. Here i couldn't find a single friend.and got pregnant, had morning sickness, couldn't take care of kid. This is my 13th week. now i feel better.

She is going playschool 9.00 to 3.00 thrice a week. but when she is in home she is always watching t.v. we play for sometimes.

I think i have same situation here like urs. I have to find some useful time for me.
    Again thank u very much Usha.

We can meet sometime. If u want come to my house, u most welcome.
    I don't know where do u live. I usually take her to Johnson park.
    If it's ok we can meet there.

Thank u
    Sangeetha

5. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Oh Sangee81 been to U.S, then i guess know the way to keep yourself busy...its only because of hormone changes you are feeling little down...

Johnson park, we took our kid last before weekend...not regular visitor but do visit occasionally..

We are located near route 1 Pathmark(edison),behind community (Aspen at Edison condo).

Just 4 more months if you past,you can bring any family member from India for help...so just bear it till then..

Oh your daughter goes to school, good..mine didn't send anywhere tillnow(just make her to read,teach her daily 30-45mts at home only).

From September she will start her preschool in St.Matthews catholic chruch school mostly..

Take care...bye////

6. sangee81

sangee81 New IL'ite

Hi Usha,
    yes After i read many posts, I start my routine work. It is all about hormones. yesterday i took my car(after 3 months), went to shopping, had lunch outside, oho ,i felt great.

Thank u
    sangeetha

7. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sangee81,

Wow thats great...now you fond the way to keep yourself engaged and tight too:).

Though we have friend circle, everyone willbe busy with their own stuff,household... it will be only just time pass for some time...

Permanent solution is to find way that keeps ourself engaged....so you don't need to depend on others to run your days....in between if you get good friends..thats good...have some quality time with them...get back to your chores...

Good to hear..now .focus on your healthy...spend some quality time with elder one, after delivery you will get busy with your little one...so talk to her..play with her...try to tell her that she is going to get company...to avoid sibling rivarly.

8. sangee81

sangee81 New IL'ite

Hi Usha,
    i feel some what better. but still my mind is thinking of India. becas i feel happy some time, but being alone is killing me. My hubby got a project in Chicago. every alternate weekdays he is going to travel. I don't know what to do? And I'm not satisfied with NJ ob/gyn. i just don't know what to do

Sangeetha

9. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sangee81,

I can understand your state...this is the time we need more support ..

Even your hubby's work schedule is hectic right..travelling on alternate day..

By the way who is your Gynaec? If you not satisfied, why don;t you select our site where many has suggested good Gynaec...

If you looking for Indian then check there...if others..then try East Brunswick Obsterics and gynaec groups...heard fromone friend..theya re very supportive.

Who is coming to help during delivery?

I got busy from 3rd month itseems, to send documents for visa appointment...as i invited both side parents at same time during delivery...i had full work to send documents ,booking tickets for 4 members...searching sites to take them after comign here.

As Hubby was busy,he only did some xerox and mailing work,paying money...i collected info from net...documents..calling travel agents...it went tight till8th month...along with my severe vomiting..:))

10. coolgirl011

coolgirl011 Senior IL'ite

I am alo tamilian ..leaving IN NJ .....and looking forward to make new friends ...:)