1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

New Diet chart with my experience !

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by krishnaamma, May 28, 2008.

Do you like this type of food to reduce your weight?

1. Yes

292 vote(s)
    89.0%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. vidyajithesh

vidyajithesh Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    I have been on and off this forum. Now i really want to lose weight. I need to lose 18-20 kgs:hide:. I hope i will get all the support and motivation i need for doing this through this group. Please do count me in.
    <!-- / message --><!--INFOLINKS_OFF--><!-- sig -->

2. vidyajithesh

vidyajithesh Gold IL'ite

Hi dears,
    My eating pattern yesterday:
    8.00 AM - 1 bowl poha
    12.30 PM - 1 veg grilled sandwich(without cheese)
    4 PM - 1 cup tea
    8 PM - half a bowl Maggi Atta Noodles
    8.30 PM- 1 Apple

Water Intake - 2 L
    No exercise

3. Jeffreena

Jeffreena Junior IL'ite

Hi ,
    thanks for the diet schedule... but when I went with my this to my family doctor he blasted me and said that this kind of weight lose will not help in long run... what say???????????
    he said just minerals and vitamins is not gonna help us... you should have a good healthy food with little of carbo and protein everyday ....
    and now i startd eating properly with a good excerise and most importantly required good sleep which is helping me reduce in weight.

4. Shilpa23

Shilpa23 Senior IL'ite

Yes friend,
    U need to add carbohydrates and protiens to ur diet.

A balanced diet contains different types of foods in such quantities and proportions that the need for calories, minerals, vitamins and other nutrients is adequately met and small provision is made for extra nutrients to with stand short duration of leanness. Eating a well balanced diet on a regular basis and staying at your ideal weight are critical factors in maintaining your emotional and physical well-being. Being over weight/under weight can lead to certain chronic conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure and heart diseases.

Fluid intake in the form of water based drinks is also essential for good health. Water is essential for the correct functioning of the kidneys and bowels. At least 6-8 glasses of plain water should be drunk each day, more in hot weather.

5. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI jeffreena
    nothing offence....
    I lost weight through this diet and maintaining it till now by having normal diet after that by doing some regular exercise... moreover the only secret of this diet is to restrict the dinner and not to cut down anyother thing...

already a friend of us who followed this diet consulted her dr and she said its good one to follow and she asked us to add milk alone to this diet...

more over its general thing eat less for dinner to reduce weight

just go through older posts ...

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...w-diet-chart-my-experience-80.html#post336185

6. sounav

sounav New IL'ite

Hi Krishnamma,

I saw your diet plan.. it looks very good. I too went to dietitian for 3 months and lost 6Kgs. But after at i gained weight again. :-:)-:)-(

Now that i am trying to conceive my 1st baby, i have to lose atleast 8-10 kgs. Can you please help with your diet plan?

I am working and also i spend 30-45 mins on treadmill every evening.

Can you please suggest me your diet and how long to follow it?

Thanks a lot :)

7. jeyasutha

jeyasutha Silver IL'ite

HI friends,I want to loose weight. I have started my diet from today. Anybody wants to join with me?

My todays diet menu:
    8am- fenugreek with hotwater
    8.30am- honey with hotwater
    9.00am- oats and barley with milk
    9.30am- greentea with honey
    11.30am- 1cup of fruitsalad
    2.00pm- Two oats chappathi with one piece of backed fish
    5.00pm-one pear
    6.00pm-one cup of tea with two wheatmeal biscuits
    7.30pm- tomato soup
    9.00pm - one apple and one orange.

with this,i did 10minutes excercise in elliptical trainer,10minutes yogic jogging. I feel very happy.

I want to post my daily diet plan here and about my weightloss. If anybody wants to join with me in the weightloss goal. I am heartly welcome.:hiya

8. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI jeyasuda...

Good to see your diet plan... that's a great start... alll the best in your weight loss journey... do post your diet plan and workouts...

9. jeyasutha

jeyasutha Silver IL'ite

Thanks vahee, I read all forum postings in this topic. You guys are really inspired me.:thumbsup I have confidence about this diet surely works for me. I will post my diet and progress about weightloss daily. Vahee, do you know any recipes using oats or wheat rava? or if you know the recipe link here in IL,please let me know.:hiya

10. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI jeya...
    Here in IL chitvish and krishnamma has given lots of receipes for wheat and oats... will give the links soon...

i used to just cook the oats in water add salt and butter milk..... even sometimes just oats with salt...

i have one interesting receipe which is very good for weight loss and filling also...

green gram sprout is very good for weight loss which is rich is protein.. also cabbage is good for weight loss...

1 cup of green gram sprout
    1 cup chopped cabbage
    1 onion chopped
    1/2 spoon ginger garlic paste
    1/2 spoon chilli powder
    1 spoon oil...

chappati flour for one chappati ( just take wheat flour to make only one chappti knead and make into small balls and keep aside)

add oil in pressure pan, add cabbage, then tomato, then ginger garlic paste, the chilli powder and then green gram sprout.. add two glass of water give one whistle in your cooker...(dont give more than that)

now open the cooker and add the wheat balls just boil for 2-3 mins ...

this a whole meal it will be very filling too... instead of having 1 chappti with lots of veggies you can have it like that... (me and Dh just love this dish)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009