1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

New Developments...

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by icyspicy, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

CW, sorry if I've missed, but I can't recollect CW writing that her H beat her up black and blue, calling nasty names or throwing her out of the house, entering home as a drunkard or a criminal/social offence...... in lines defended in court room. She'll have to answer the same.

Also her current reason to leave was emotional atyachaaar and NOW non-existant married life & constant interference from her inlaws. Just wanted to check/ confirm if her case is strong enough or the lawyers have found a minting machine.

Am unaware of UAE laws which I vaguely know were discussed in another thread and are not in favour of Icy.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  2. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

I agree with both Shilpa & CW..also with ASG & previous posts...there is no physical /verbal abuse like he being short tempered and crap....its his manipulative behaviour thts causing our problems to worsen...he dosent communicate straight forward and has sumhting in his heart n says sumthing outside...whens hes angry he will finally bring out his long lost grudge....its ok when v both r alone...i started handling it n stablilizing our life...agn when his mom arrived she set things her way n shook our routine to which i could not tolerate..suddenly she has problems with my weight n stopped bragging abt the kid...H started spending a lot of time with his parents...weekends were also in his mom's favour...sitting i nthe hall...mom again...1/2 the day i hear them talking "khuss phuss" in the hall...and exactly few hrs later a new issue comes up ...abt wot they dont approve abt me...in a sweet tone they say "we r trying to explain u n give good training to you"...i feel iam not married but joined a traning class in marriage ...privacy destroyed....H never sat and talked to me or listend to my pain....i grew frustrated....2 weks controlled myself ...i spent all the days in the room ...never came out in the hall....finally decided i move out ...n here i am....i still dont know y i have "mercy" for him even now...fell litle restless when i think abt approaching legal things....since i have already made a move...cant look back...but still tht 0.1% hope also i dont want to leave....

Suppose finally things reach legally...and the cousellor call me and H.(does tht happen 1st)....r there chances for the matter to settle down even then?

3. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Icy, this is severe emotional and psychological abuse. I don't know where you are filing for a divorce and again I don't know how it works in Islam. It is very difficult to prove mind games and manipulation unless you are equally or more cunning than them. Now is life worth spending so much time on proving they are bad? Well no! You need to be cautious. If there's a mutual consent you need to go ahead with that. However, another Muslim can advise you here because if you go through your religious channel to come out.

Aaah.. no worries Shilpa, I misconstrued what you had written.

4. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Exactly CW.. and Icy courtrooms in India atleast dont identify severe emotional and psychological abuse and label a lady/party as immature and incompetent, lawyers twist and turn and do mudslinging to reach an argument to break you off.. thats it.. and in this process one might end up feeling cheated and forever left with a grudge.

I shall suggest that if you ever have a talk with your husband talk to him calmly and tell your views on a dignified life and how both of you can best achieve it... this conversation can reach only when it is minus of threats.

5. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

Exactly...I called my H to meet but he used threats again...then agn softened then again new sms threats ...too many fluctuations....its hard to track his constant behaviour

As forthe divorce I would be doing it here....but i dont know any good ones who know how to deal with constant manipulation n psycological drama ....still searching...maybe its hard to get a divorce tht involves only" in -the-room isolation"cos no one expet the husband or the wife is the witness....its really hard...i dont know y I only had to end up with this hard type of personality..PHEW!

6. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Icy you need to build a case only if you want to contest the case. Go for mutual consent and say irreconcilable differences. That would end everything. You need to simply tell the man that you are fed up of his erratic behavior and you need a fresh breath of air and you are walking out. Simply file a case saying severe personality, and cultural differences which can never be bridged.

If you contest, Shilpa's concerns will come to limelight. The crooks would simply say you are mentally unsound. Girl, my ex and your husband have shades of similarity. These guys will leave us confused and they will go around merry making.

7. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

I will have to find out what the rule says here....will let u all know once i make a move

8. contented

contented Senior IL'ite

Hi Icy,

I agree with CW. I think you should try for mutual consent or else you might have to face the problems that Shilpa mentioned.

So CW, for mutual consent, her H also has to agree for divorce rt?

9. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Icy,

You told earlier you were taken some job.Are you doing job now or ?
    I know you don't sense any meaning in our posts.But I would advise don't waster your time on this.I know this will not go anywhere.If needed join in some college and pursue higher studies or concentrate on work.Time only will tell you what to do next.These things will not take you to divorce unless you men really wanted to get away from it.Women,it's hard for women to go for a divorce on this basis.
    So don't waste your time and concentrate on your self.It's just kind of some time pass for both you.Really I feel that way right now.

10. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Icy

Priya said it right!! If not job, join a course or some school Do your higher studies. Am sure education never hurts anyones future. Who knows might be when you complete your higher education you would be able to see more clarity about what happened and how you got out of it and what you need in future. Education would also help you in keeping you busy. You would make new friends. Worth Trying.