New business - Need your inputs..

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by divyasselvan, Jan 12, 2012.

1. divyasselvan

divyasselvan Silver IL'ite

Hi,

My long term goal is to start my own business and I have couple of ideas on that..

The first one is catering based business, which me and my friends discussed it for so long but couldn't continue it because each one had responsibilities on our own.

The theme of the business is to help Married women earn money from home, just by cooking..

It is like, each amma's home made food is the best, and they prepare it for their family (hubby or children)already... along with that, they can prepare lunch for couple of more people and the catering unit will collect the lunch boxes from them and deliver it to customers.

The customers here I am talking about is not just one time, but repeat customers and we can provide lunch on daily basis.

we can network many house-wives based on their cuisine and cater to different kind of customers.. like Brahmin-based lunch, Non-Veg lunch, North-Indian lunch etc, spicy food...

My request is,

(1)if you are house-wife and want to earn extra income, and if someone propose you this idea (cook and earn) what will be your requirements and conditions?

(2) If you are a customer looking for home made food, what will be your requirements and expectations..

Give your suggestions :bowdown, it might take sometime to implement this, but will definitely consider your opinions.. :thumbsup

Divyatherapist, BhumiBabe and Umanga like this.

2. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Nice Idea Divya,

If someone poses this Question(1) to me my answer would be:

a. Need to know about the orders in Advance. (Number).
    b. Should be okay with the Rotating Menu(Round Robin fashion )

3. Edwina49food

Edwina49food New IL'ite

Hi Divya,

Did you start your business. Where are you based

4. SharadaIyer

SharadaIyer Senior IL'ite

hi divya
    It seems really good idea. did you start the business ?

5. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

The idea is super good and somwat easy to implement . My cozn in kuwait is also doing the same with 4 or 5 of her friends... They prepared a menu and shared thru fb groups, only condition is orders shud b given early. , As this is not like hotel food and most of the women has 2 or 3 kids.. so need to allocate time as needed. (Ur 1st request answered i hope)

And the customers were mostly bachelors as they r the ones who miss their moms/wives homely food . And many of them wer health conscious tooo and many were lazy to prepare also. So healthy and tasty food cooked from neat and clean kitchens were their only wish. (2nd request too i hope answered)

All the best.. and do post ur updates

Umanga likes this.
  6. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

We all love home-cooked food and miss it when we are away and don't have access to it. Tiffin services are quite common across India but most of them are un-organised and ad-hoc with patchy service. Only now, the sector is becoming organised. But, I don't expect things shall improve. At this stage, they only have glossy websites. Still, they are trying and have gone for the aggregator model. I haven't tried any of the newer services but here are some links if others want to give it a shot:

- Homemade food, home-delivered
    - Online Food Order & Food Home Delivery Service in Delhi & Gurgaon from FoodCloud
    - The driving force behind these pioneering food delivery apps in India: housewives
    - GrubAt
    - Order Home Cooked Food | Homemade food things | Anywhere

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  7. GayuLax

GayuLax New IL'ite

Wow, this seems to be a very nice idea Divya. It seems the thread has started in 2012.
    Your business got buds and bloomed?
    Do share details!!