Never Mind.....

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by Amulet, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Green Tea is not the most common form that goes into an Indian chai drink.
    The science of tea’s mood-altering magic
    antioxidants such as epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) — account for up to 42% of the dry weight of brewed green tea, and the amino acid L-theanine makes up around 3%. EGCG is thought to make people feel calmer and improve memory and attention when consumed on its own. L-theanine is found to have a similar effect when consumed in combination with caffeine. Up to 5% of the dry weight of green tea is caffeine, which is known to improve mood, alertness and cognition.​
    I went looking for information on Black Tea that is most common in the Indian chai. Yes, that too has a whole bunch of long-named good things in it. Watching the street corner tea shop guy in his theatrical tea-making could also boost one's mood. Good many interesting youtube videos of that too.

Ponniyin Selvan story ? There are English translations of that novel. I haven't read it. Some names of characters in that story are also long, like epigallocatechin gallate. :smirk: Long names remind me of the story of The Stolen White Elephant (I had already talked to Ouroboros about this).

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

A summary of Ponniyin Selvan? Give me a break! I would find it hard to remember Volume 1 when I read Volume 2.

3. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

The voiceover is a grating caricature! I couldn't understand if the guy was a firangi with a contrived native accent or a native with a fanciful firangi accent. Soyez mystérieuses!

...and then he piped on the visual of a bearded king: 'viewers, do you notice the similarity?'

That bowler hat discordance is Robert II of France. Eh, come again? The Anglo gent barely resembles a French king! The voiceover was chipper about his reckoning that dare we question on his Normandy intrigue.

A splendid allusion in our colloquy on bowler hats.

Temple tours must be organised to spot the anachronisms in the period architecture. The 'bowler hat' finding on the wall glorifies the plurality of cultures rather than being an oddity.

4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I thought that apparition, smushed down flat like it is, seemed more Afro than euro.

5. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Not story but bite-sized summary of the epigallocatechin narrative.
    The inquiry -- why this particular epic resists to be crunched into a gist.

But 'War and Peace' & 'Game of Thrones' have miniaturized summaries.
    I have been told that PS is very intricate to outline with entwined plot.

6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

@Novalis : Your thanks note to the Mods on their public spiritedness is a sweet one. Made me wag a finger at myself and say " why can't you go and be like that?"

7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Yes. I have been told that as the reason why it is difficult to crunch into gist that is just.

8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

It is. One should read or listen to (audiobook available) the historic masterpiece to enjoy the story. Heard Maniratnam is planning to make a movie and it’s a third attempt. Hope he succeeds

9. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Preface: Typed partway, notification popped from Amulet, crikey, if I continue this now then the lurking audience of NM would suspect foul play between us of mutual gratification. I thought of deferring the unfinished memo till tomorrow but then such inhibition would flout the spirit of this thread ...never mind ..what anyone thinks.

We never foresee under what circumstances we meet other hi-jinks creatures likes us. But when we do ..our excitement ramps up manifold! Amulet, I often wanted to convey that your outrageous analysis on relationships endears me much. I wish I had known you in my past growing up in India devoid of liberal speak and progressive values.

The swagger of your rallying around the forum with your "place of one own" and "women of today" and "indo-anglican tribe" stands out. You have your hearty thoughts on your sleeves that roll down so spontaneously with good humor. Thinkers like you in their uncritical voice of a woman's purview ...let a woman aspire to do what she wants to do ..in what ever companionship or non-companionship she wants to be ..in what ever intent or event she wishes to commit or withdraw from it ..let a woman stand up for herself ...is a gutsy gesture.

I don't know if we could have crossed the circumstances and met elsewhere .. in school, college, workplace, very unlikely.. given our timeline and continental affliction. But I feel that virtual forums are worth to explore to discover these strange but kindred cohorts. You are a good conversationalist for brazen worldliness!

I enjoy my time and dialogue with you.

Amulet likes this.
  10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

:blush: Virtual forums where people aged 20-80 can be the grandma, friend, and the child of kindred spirits.