Never Mind.....

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by Amulet, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Bhaji on at least baguettes
    Is what her expectation sets
    He holds pancake without chutney
    Calls for a breakfast mutiny.

No more, she begs
    Scrambled eggs
    No more, she frets
    Buttered toasts.

Dum biryani in copper pot
    She wants it aromatic hot
    Dinner on the manly boss
    He whisks quinoa in cold sauce.

He insists on lunch salad
    With avocado and grain added.
    She wants her fried thing
    Thus a lament to sing!

Afresh, Amica and Amulet like this.
  2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

@Novalis There is this bitmoji going around on the internet -- dosa with sambar, and two chutneys. Very likely works well enough for those with long-distance relationships. Sending a bitmoji breakfast to the mainsqueeze (aka heartthrob) is a lot easier than actually working in a kitchen.

upload_2019-3-1_12-25-41.png

3. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Bingadeshwari and Mangatayaru are friends in different universes heading to a school ceremony.

Bingu: Mangatayaru, you look majestic in that pink frock.
    Mangu: Bingadeshwari, you also look magnificent in your yellow frock.
    Bingu: Thank you so much. Hope I didn't keep you waiting for long.
    Mangu: What are friends for if cannot wait even for 3 hours while the other one is dressing up.
    Bingu: You are the best!
    Mangu: Thank you. You are also the best.

Bingu: Manga, nice!
    Mangu: Don't embarrass me.
    Bingu: Sorry late.
    Mangu: No worries. Fine frock.
    Bingu: (chuckles)

Bingu: Mangu, you look like a rescued pirate from a sea disaster in that hotchpotch dress. You will scare away the boys. Could you not have found something better? Something like nice pink.
    Mangu: Well, you look no less than a Halloween-styled witch to frighten the boys. Is there no cute yellow in your wardrobe?
    Bingu: Parked for long?
    Mangu: Knowing you, and your unpunctuality, I just arrived late.
    Bingu: Then why did you yell that you have already parked?
    Mangu: So that you don't change your mind and get into that yellow. Hmm, you don't look that bad.
    Bingu: Nope, still the gas is on you.

Type#1 is cloy! Type#2 is uninteresting! Witches keep going.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Amulet likes this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Don't the song's lyrics ask you to notice your own shadow ;)?
    Nice post. :kissingheart:

5. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Hehe! That was preview of my mouse dance.

6. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

For these expectations to be met,
    A girl must cast a mighty wide net.
    She must kiss many frogs,
    Deal with godawful dogs,
    To land a good chef in her kitchenette. :p

Afresh and Amulet like this.
  7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

White Meat or Dark? Brexit Muddles the Picture

I didn't know that the Brits also liked white meat. This Brexit is going to make a lot of biriyani lovers happy. There'll be a surplus of dark meat in the local market, sending the price plunging down; and all biriyani houses can buy the stuff and serve their customers.

8. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

9. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

how apt is this!

Amica likes this.
  10. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

O Sole Mio

FB message: Howz, Mira, remember me. Son of your that Hindi Teacher till Tenth Grade. Finish my school early, used to wait for my mom at your school. We irregularly chatted in the ground.

Kartik, you?

You must have added my mom (the teacher) to your FB friends. The FB algorithm crossed us as recommended.

Guess so. What is that wacky hairstyle! Silly T-shirt. Is that Vancouver in the profile? But the Calicut background. What are you doing? Where are your other unflattering pictures? Add me.

Added. I have returned to India. Meet me, now that we are in the same city.

______________________________________________​

Pushing aside the strewn papers on her desk, Mira heaved her chin on her palm. The work never ends. The phone buzzed. "Kartik, what would I not do to be magically served hot food on my return home. Alas, I must scrape something from the fridge to eat as I am too tired to cook."

"Drive to my home in the next 20 minutes for hot food, no additives, no preservatives, and no can opener."

"Really? Cook?"

"I am the herded son of a Hindi Teacher. And if you know a thing or two about them, you would have sensed that they groom their children in culinary delicatessen when they are not skewering them on conjugation verbs of Sanskrit origin. Sambhar?"

"You know what buttons to press in a woman. No sane woman can say no to food."

"Then, press the 512 door button, Daffodil Heights. Meet you soon."

Exiting the lift, Mira looked around. A door was left unattended. "Hello, has the occupant absconded from fright?" She teased. Kartik met her gaze in the anteroom untying his trainers seated in the living room. "Come in! No lentils. Rushed to the mart to buy. Sorry, the sambhar has been delayed. Finally we meet after much texting. You have grown taller since your uniform days." A steam whistle erupted from the kitchen. "Ah, the first, two more to go." He squeaked.

A fluffy dog shambled into the living room eyeing the visitor. Mira bolted. "Go away. I fear dogs. Kartik, you didn't tell me you have a scruffy dog. I so ..." Kartik shushed her flailing arms. "That's just Bono. He is harmless. He doesn't even bark properly (bono whimpered). You have scared him with your anxiety (turning around). Bono, choo choo, go to the room (gestured)"

Both peered into the softened lentils in the cooker.

"Perfect! The vegetables boiled separately. Five more minutes and sambhar should be ready, Mira."

"Wait, what are you doing? You are adding vegetables to the daal? No, you must add daal to the vegetables. Moron!"

"Mira, what difference. Don't bring in that Bristol and Roach null hypothesis. No difference mixing one to the other. Muriel Bristol, the scientist, once claimed to the researcher William Roach that she could sense if milk was added to tea or the other way around. So he contested her."

"What happened?"

"They fell in love!"

"I mean, what happened to her claim."

"She distinguished correctly."

"Then what happened."

"Well, she won the wager."

"Uffo, I mean, what happened after they fell in love!"

"They got married". He looked askance at her.

She tore the gaze from him. "Daal to the vegetables to kick that taste."

"Are you okay Kartik? We should have resisted the urge. But then it was compelling that we had to proceed. Hope you are not disturbed. It is slightly embarrassing that it happened at your place as it would have been less embarrassing if it had happened at my place. I just feel awful for putting you through this, hope you understand."

"Mira, it was inevitable after how heated it got in the kitchen between us both."

He stood up and left. Returned with a marker. "It should happen! This is your daal onto vegetables and this is my bowl of vegetables onto daal. He scooped up a spoonful from his lettered bowl. O Sole Mio! He grudgingly dunked his spoon in the other bowl. "Not Bad". She skimmed a soupful from his bowl. "Yaah okay ..". Next, she filled up with her sambhar. Yumma Deliciousa!

He crossed his arms. "We both cannot be trusted"

"I know." She flitted her nose suspiciously.

Both locked their gaze and instantly turned sideways.

"Did Bono ever eat sambhar?" Mira crouched beside the stooped Kartik.

Not that I am aware of. Kartik slid two doggie bowls onto him.

"He sniffed mine". She exclaimed. "You know not a thing about dogs. They sniff everything even uninteresting air." "He licked mine". "Mine too," Kartik screamed.

"I think Bono preferred mine." She patted the reclined dog. "There, there, he is lapping up my bowl."

"Yay"

"These days dogs also cannot be trusted," Kartik shrugged as he walked Mira back to the door.

"Thanks for the dinner, you sore loser." She guffawed.

"Wait," he yelled. He hurried inside and whisked out of the kitchen with a small container. "That's sambhar, packed for you."

"Whose sambhar?" she teased.

"Well" ..flinging his arm at Bono .."the way he has shamelessly gobbled up your sambhar, I am afraid cannot pack yours home for you."

She smirked.

"But Mira, for kadhi you must pour yogurt over the dumplings and not drop ..."

"Are you silly kidding? You must ..."

"Why don't we find out" ... he scratched his ear ... " say, tomorrow, cook together kadhi for dinner."

She tipped her head. "Is that a sly date you are asking me on?"

"If today isn't already one according to you then sure tomorrow is for you to consider."

She swept her fingers languidly across the door jamb. "Promise me you won't bribe Bono in advance for tomorrow's khadi round." "Ay aye .." He drawled. "I try not to but Bono is too venal". He winked.

"Damn! It took you a month that too over a sambhar duel to ask me out in your own home, huh"

"You were the blinkered who never suspected that introverted sons of simple-minded Hindi teachers could also have crushes on girls playing volley ball in other schools... esp...on that bossy plaited keen that the ball must strike the fist rather than the fist meeting the ball." He raised his brow. She grinned knowingly.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Amulet likes this.