Never Mind.....

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by Amulet, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Amulet
    You talk of medicos turning writers. Let me tell you of a Technocrat becoming a writer. I am talking about the famous Tamil Writer Sujatha. He was a product of Madras Institute of Technology. As an engineer, he was a forward thinker and he was the key person behind the development of the Electronic Voting Machine in India.
    You can read more of him here

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

+ 20 for Schipol.

Genever is now available in the liquor store down the road. And you ruined it for me with the rasam comparison!
    Also available are Rampur and Amrut. Don't tell me those taste like fermented wheat kanji now.

I moved my response here for ya!
    I love Amsterdam too but to transit? With my Jacchas and Bachhas all I want to do during transit is feed the said bacchas and sit somewhere. Hence the cheapest ticket always wins in my place.

3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You are perhaps mistaking husbands with machines. Machine Learning is based on the idea that systems can learn from data, identify patterns and make decisions with minimal human intervention. The minimal human intervention is key. Husbands cannot do what they are trained to do without human intervention. No matter how somewhat adjustable they are. That has been my experience and that of some women I know. Your mileage might vary. Does it?

Good Morning.

Amulet likes this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Machines! Systems! Ruby Scripts !?
    When you shake a stick in an amreeki-desi crowd, you do hit engineers a lot!

Which spouse is a trainer and which one is a trainee is a fuzzy thing. Who ends up being the trainee for the most part, ends up with the lesson recognizing what is good in a behavior that yields good results.

When a Trainer is offering a stimulus (unnecessary overspending) to an experienced trainee to see if the trainee behaves right, and he does (by putting out the right quantum of anger as a response), all eeess vell, isn't it ? For all we know, the "angry response" that was put out, may have been just a show-off to express that he had indeed noticed the stimulus, and all systems are working vell enough, thank-you-very-much.

What do long-married (affectionate, or at least not necessarily antagonistic, & no one else at home) couples do for a romantic dialogue at home is a curious study that we are all keenly interested in - aren't we?

upload_2019-1-11_12-26-50.jpeg

Annotations for the cartoon:
    Check out the translation for "que paso" on SpanishDict!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

for a chuckle.... :expressionless:;)

Irish, Scottish, and Celtic Wedding Vows, Blessings, and Poetry - Documents and Designs

Traditional Celtic Wedding Vow 02
    I vow you the first cut of my meat, the first sip of my wine,
    from this day it shall only your name I cry out in the night
    and into your eyes that I smile each morning;
    I shall be a shield for you back as you are for mine,
    no shall a grievous word be spoken about us,
    for our marriage is sacred between us and no stranger shall hear my grievance.
    Above and beyond this, I will cherish and honor you through this life
    and into the next.

Scottish Wedding Prayer

Lord help us to remember when
    We first met and the strong
    love that grew between us.
    To work that love into
    practical things so that nothing
    can divide us.
    We ask for words both kind
    and loving and hearts always
    ready to ask forgiveness
    as well as to forgive.
    Dear Lord, we put our
    marriage into your hands.

6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Look ma, who's back. And with prayers on her lips. :grinning:

Amulet likes this.
  7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Bhumibabe's poem instigated me to recall that website with those celtic, irish, and scottish vows.
    They are a laugh. You can LOL at the idea of first-cut/first-sip, which begs the obvious question:
    Who gets the second decoction ?

And the Scottish plea to have God help them to remember stuff is equally hilarious.

8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

LOL @Novalis
    That is indeed a long enough essay good for a hundred diary entries.
    In self-education, it is tough to maintain one's gumption for the longish haul.
    What is swept, as in .."I have swept courses as eclectic as..." ? Is it similar to "done & dusted" ? or... hoovered-up the knowledge ?

9. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Hmm, swept is more like heaped and sloughed off! Blimey! I cannot recall those organic chemistry equations even if I were to rattle the most chubby neuron in me.

Listen, I have been insinuating about you offline with my mates, anglicising you as my friend “Amy” to demonstrate that I am not as uniquely madcap as they think. I passed by a book event in a mall this week, wherein, for small talk the excited attendees were dignifying Murakami and Cixin with populist nod but no critical playoff. Teri bahut yaad aayi that no Sally Rooney was leaked to upset the agreeable cart, otherwise the incident was a good hangout to hobnob with like-minded book mites.

Pictures later.

Here’s something you will find roundly delightful about the foray of an enterprising aunt and her precocious nephew (“secured him by the promise of an ice cream cone and twenty-three cents to go with his two cents so that he could buy a Thrift Stamp”) in publishing the world’s first diet book.

Some Hilarious Illustrations from America’s First Bestselling Diet Book

Knowing that another crooked wanderer finds the venturesome discoveries substantial over the missing cats of Murakami and trisolarans of Cixin does not make me feel the lulu of the tribal endangered as everyone claims.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

No need to remember anything at all.. All you need is a little prompt for the wikipedia, which can give you the organic chemistry structure for most anything you want. Recently I was sent to wiki to find out the nature of the chemicals that cause one to gain weight, even on a diet of air. Mysterious stuff, this organic chemistry.

I am not at all sure that Murakami understands himself in his books. Apparently he got his groove by reading books by Raymond Carver. I've never heard of Cixin.