1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Never ending phenomena

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sudhakrishna, Sep 17, 2012.

1. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Ratan is sitting in the park and plucking the grass. He is waiting for his friend gopal. Both are in 50's. Gopal and Ratan are friends from childhood. Both share their happiness and sorrow. They never fail to extend their help to each other during hard times.
    Gopal is having one son who is staying in US with his wife and two sons. But hardly he will visit to India or talk to his patents. He is having own house and he manages life with his salary and the rent.
    Ratan is having one son and a daughter. Both got married and both are not in good status. His wife is always sick. He has lost almost all his property for her treatment. He managed his life with his salary. But... Hereafter he can't do .... Because he is going to retire in few days !
    He is waiting for gopal to have suggestion.
    " Hai Ratan, what, I heard you are going to retire. Then peaceful life ahead... You can wake up leisurely... Read newspaper word by word... Visit temple .... Spend time with your wife... Jolly man ..... But you are not seemed to be happy.?".
    " Gopal during my young days, I thought during retirement I would spend time like what you said. But now it is not possible. "
    " why da? What is the problem ?
    " after retirement I will get only half of the salary. Even I get full also it Will be difficult to manage. I will start getting pension only after few months. I don't know how I am going to manage " in a distressed voice.
    " now what is the commitment you have ?"
    " suma will come for her delivery in 3 months. Then gold chain for the new born etc... And my wife's routine medicine. Shiva said he can give only 10000. What to do his situation is like that. ?"
    " don't worry there will be a way "
    " no gopal. God is not with me. I passed my life thinking, there will be a way. One day I can also lead a comfortable life. But that day didn't come. Always struggling ... Always thinking about future expense... I am fed up gopal. I am fed up."
    " be ease Ratan"
    " how can I . I have lots of problem. She put all the burden on my shoulder and she is believing that I can solve. How long.... I am tired"
    Gopal has no words to console him. Both sat quietly.gopal broke the silence.
    " now tell me how can I help you"?
    " you have lots of contacts no. Arrange me a job for a good salary. See.. I have to attend interview after retirement also.." in a distressed voice.
    "okay done. Come let's have your favourite pani puri. Troubles are always there. We can manage. Don't loose heart. "
    After hearing pani puri Ratan smiled.
    Gopal was happy to make his friend smile and confident that his friend's problem will be solved.

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Ratan was wise enough, not to ask for a loan, but only a job. Gopal was kinder. Their friendship would stay as is. Nice story SudhaKrishna. Thanks for sharing. -rgs

3. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Thanks rgs mam for your comments. I am extremely happy to receive your feedback.

4. rgsrinivasan

Just to clarify a small thing, SudhaKrishna Madam. I am a guy and you can just address me as 'rgs'. :) -rgs

5. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Sorry sir. I misunderstood as madam. Very sorry.

6. rgsrinivasan

No issues SudhaKrishna Madam. And please address me just as 'rgs'. Thanks. -rgs

7. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sudha,

A nice story... i like the fact that you have kept it realistic and not given any extreme solutions, yet given a positive and hopeful ending. The friendship is beautifully depicted and their problems though varied are same in its intensity, one has relationship problems and the other has monitory problems.

Nice story, enjoyed reading sudha.

Thanks.

Akila

8. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Thanks akila for reading and giving an elaborate feedback. I feel I am honoured by your comments. Thank you