1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Neighbor Making My Life Hell

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Sfdc, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Sfdc

Sfdc New IL'ite

hi gals,

I need your help coz I really dont know what to do.I moved into this house 2 years ago. She lives in a flat below mine. She is a stay at home mom and I am a working mom. I took a break in my career when we moved into this new house. I used to go out and meet everyone in my new neighborhood. Now the thing is that the lady who stays at a house below mine was O.K initially. infact all the girls in the neighborhood used to meet everyday at a common place and it was all good.

Now I started feeling that this lady is being nice to me on my face but was backbiting about me. I told her stuff about my MIL and she openly in front of everyone told me that she is a nice lady and I should not talk like this about her. Then it was her kids birthday, she invited everyone and no one came. after 6 months it was my daughter's birthday and everyone came. She got extremely jealous.

I heard her mom telling her that she should do these things and she will get isolated and this is exactly what is happening to me.

Now after some days,i started feeling weird. She used to shut her door when I used to pass by. Girls in the neighborhood started avoiding me . No one is talking to us. They run in their house as soon as they see me. I asked one of them what happened and she told me nothing..she was just a little busy. She keeps a track of every thing that I do and she will make sure that I dont get to know anything. I am clueless. Infact I saw her with the rest of the girls in one of the pics posted by someone and I did not even know that there was a party and no one is ready to tell me . I am not sure what is happening. There is an Aunty who stays in my building and she is also picking up fights with me for no reason and this girl is very close to that aunty.

Now, a few of her Friends daughters go to my daughter's school and she is teaching her kids to tell the other kids that no one should play with my daughter.My daughter is feeling isolated in the school. They meet, celebrate together and I just dont get what happened to everyone. People have removed me from Facebook . the moment I go to the park,everyone disappears from there.

Sometimes I feel that I should shift from there but I am not sure if that will be a right move. Please help..what should I do. I have made my daughter join classes and she has made Friends there. I have people that I am close to but no one in my neighborhood is talking to me.

2. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Sometimes u have to accept the situation. Similar thing happened to me for no reason in my office. I just avoided talking with my so and so friends and started enjoying myself hearing songs and doing my job. After that I quit the job that is different. First of all Pls Do not talk about ur personal matters to anyone. I learnt that. Ur mind will tempt u to talk and vent out ur problems but it may turn against u in some manner sometimes and ppl get to know abt ur weakness which u should not allow. Leave the situation as it is . U play with ur dd when u go to park. Join some yoga class with ur dd and feel refreshed. If u take this issue into ur heart u may feel heavy. Do not show any enmity to anyone and also do not go and talk voluntarily unless they recognize u.

3. Sfdc

Sfdc New IL'ite

Thanks Sweety for the message.yeahI have been avoiding them in every way possible and I have made myself busy but the thing is I really wanna know what she is telling others coz if I am talking to someone and she sees me talking ..I don't know what she says that the other person doesn't talk to me again.I want to know what she is saying.why are people being rude to me.how can I confront her coz she is spoiling my reputation and I can't let anyone just walk all over me and get away with it.I hope you understand

Sweety82 likes this.
  4. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Don't talk about fights with ur in laws or husband with friends.
    I too had the same experience . some women r double faced

Sfdc and prreeya like this.
  5. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

If she understands that u r not getting perturbed for anything this will subside. Do not be keen on what she is telling others abt you. Let her say anything. Ignore. At the same time do not talk bad of her to anyone. Ppl will understand abt her very soon. U be calm. Things will change. What are you going to do if u know what she is saying abt you behind. Nothing. Just ignore her. Everything has an end somehow or other. Pls be patient.

Sfdc likes this.
  6. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

I think you should make some more efforts to know what she is doing. She must be saying too much bad about you and you had spend sometime with her that everyone knows and hence believing in everything whatever she say about you. You should check if its such a big issue.

Sfdc likes this.
  7. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

I thought of telling u if possible move but u know wat ppl other place may be the same.. it's your neighborhood too so leave these n try to find other ppl around.. and @MonikaSG said look into it wat she is spreading..

Sfdc likes this.
  8. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

I really find it surprising that one individual is capable of spreading rumors about you to everyone in the neighborhood and all of them seem to trust her. Is it worth losing your piece of mind over what she is telling them ? Just move on and focus on your friends outside the neighborhood.

yellowmango and Sfdc like this.
  9. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Best thing is to talk to her straight away about why she is behaving like this towards sometimes it is better to get things then and there rather than assuming what it would be.A talk over a cuppa would be fine.

Sfdc and Sangeeta85 like this.
  10. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

Hi @Sfdc

This same situation even I went through when we were staying in a colony. My close neighbor had bad mouthed All the rest of the neighborhood and no one talked to me. I stayed there for about 4 and half years. All neighborhood was jealous of our success but that never bothered me as I thought it’s better they don’t talk as they can treat someone like this then they aren’t good people so who cares. I was busy with my work at home but now I shifted to a better place and here I have made many good friends. Dear sometimes some people are not worth of our friendship so that their problem and not ours so chill!! Your daughter will make friends will other kids and no need for their kids. And try not to speak personal issues with these useless people and honestly I would say avoid these people as it will only give rise to more of nonsense gossip and it’s waste of time.

pinkydarling, yellowmango and Sfdc like this.