Negative pregnancy test but late period :-( the tension is killing me

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by aries1204, Feb 10, 2012.

1. jogu07

jogu07 Gold IL'ite

Dear Pari,

We all are goin thru the same crisis so I completely understand ur plight and can empthasise with u...so dnt worry, as I always say God is great and He will surely shower His blessings on us, maybe sooner or later but He surely will...!!!

As for u I m pretty positive, my gut feelin says that u r surely are carryin ur little one in ur womb so...and yes its good tht u r 50-50 abt it...I am waitin for u to break the news..:) Even I am gonna start takin the med from tomo for 3 days and then test after 25 as adviced by the doc...keepin my fingers crossed...lets c....this waitin period is a real torture but then u can meditate and wht I do is pray to my baba(sai baba) and chant his name...hope He is listenin to me...He always does so....

Guess I have blabbered a lot....jus stay positive and calm, dnt get nervous and try to keep ur anxiety levels to the minimum, I am sure it will work....

u take care and let us all knw the results....!!!

GL to u in gettin a BFP very soon....and hey hv u checkd my previous posts, regardin my hormone profile, the FSH, LH etc levels, pls do chek n lemme know if they are k...I am scared...:(

Lots of baby dust to everyone out here.....

1 person likes this.
  2. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Lol..tell me about it. I used to buy multi test boxes and pee away every day until the pink line or my cycle arrived!! I wonder how much I'd have wasted on them. Lately I've found ways to calm myself. And distract myself as much as possible and this time I have decided not to even buy a test until I think I should test. I am past 30 days now..so would get one only after 45 days or if I feel any other signals my body sends me.

My mom always said you'll know when it happens. And that is very true. The first time I had a positive, it was Day 38 since LMP and we had gusts at home. Once they left I just walked over to the pharmacist got a test kit and came home. My husband was quite confused. He just asked what for?? I said I was pregnant cos I just knew. It was so relaxing to know and I felt such calm and peace within me. But that was not meant to last. But lesson learned, watched pot never boils and I know I'd find out soon when I least expect. So waiting for that one moment again :)

Good luck to all you girls too. And yes, I too heard about the year of the Dragon. So be it Ganesha or Gabharakshambigai or the dragon, get hold of them tightly and do what you can from your part. Rest is up to them :)

1 person likes this.
  3. pari85

pari85 Bronze IL'ite

HEY MIMOSA,

whats this yr of dragon ,i m hearing it for the first time .....it sounds soo interesting

Pari

4. Mimosa

Mimosa Silver IL'ite

Hi Pari,

Its just a Chinese belief, here's an excerpt i found somewhere, FYI:thumbsup:

What Does it Mean to be Born in 2012, Year of the Dragon?

Posted by ceridwen on January 23rd, 2012 at 8:21 am
    [​IMG]The Year of the Dragon only occurs once every 12 years and it’s back of today, the beginning of the Chinese New Year. Babies born during the Year of The Dragon are thought to be lucky and powerful.
    In Taiwan they’re expecting not just a baby boom but a dragon boom. A poll in Hong Kong showed that 70 % of couples there wanted children born under the dragon sign. Apparently this feeling is shared by parents in South Korea, Vietnam and China.
    2012, in particular, marks the return of the Water Dragon. Here’s the scoop for those of you expecting a dragon baby in 2012:
    “THE WATER DRAGON 1952 AND 2012
    Water has a calming effect on the Dragon’s fearless temperament. Water allows the Dragon to re-direct its enthusiasm, and makes him more perceptive of others. These Dragons are better equipped to take a step back to re-evaluate a situation because they understand the art of patience and do not desire the spotlight like other Dragons. Therefore, they make smart decisions and are able to see eye-to-eye with other people. However, their actions can go wrong if they do not research or if they do not finish one project before starting another.”
    Sounds pretty good to me: Your baby will be powerful and lucky (like all dragons) but a little less likely to be a jerk about it. (I love how even dragons can find that follow-through is a bitch.)
    Celebrity dragons include: Al Pacino, Bruce Lee, Freud, Joan of Arc, John Lennon, Nicolas Cage, Reese Witherspoon and Shirley Temple.
    Are you expecting in 2012? Have you given thought to the horoscope of your baby?

2 people like this.
  5. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Wow...very interesting Mimosa..This motivates me more now.lol
    Thanks for the information.

6. pari85

pari85 Bronze IL'ite

Mimosa,

thnx sweety for this info ,it was new for me and quite interesting ,love reading such different faiths and beliefs .may god bless us all and showers his blessings on everyone.GL to all who r TTC :):)

Pari

7. jogu07

jogu07 Gold IL'ite

Hey Pari,

Hope this year is the year for all of us who are desperately waitin to hold our LO....Good Luck and Baby dust to everyone....

2 people like this.
  8. newone

newone New IL'ite

hi ladies,

Tried the baby-dance for first time & even though i know there is rarest of chance to conceive in the first try, missed cycle gave me hope. did hpt a day after the expected cycle- came negative.

Doc did urine as well as blood test 4days after the expected cycle- came negative again!

I don't have any major symptoms as of now but def. had menstrual-like cramps a week before expected cycle, peeling nose, on-off sore throat n fatigue. All these plus the missed cycle gave me hopes but negative blood test shattered all.

I believe blood tests are mostly accurate but after reading cases where even they can give a false negative result, has left me wondering!

I did miss a cycle in Feb 2012 (2st time ever) but then I wasnt even trying for baby so knew I couldn't be pregnant (also i had no cramps unlike this time). Friends said it is normal to miss a cycle at times & doc gave some vitamin & in March (in less than a month) i had my cycle.

Sep 2012, did baby dance first time, missed cycle in Oct 2012 & it is now 5 days late with negative tests(2 urine & 1 blood). What do you suggest??

9. Bindhusk2

Bindhusk2 New IL'ite

Hi myself bindhu.. Am 27 yrs old.. Got married last yr may.. Am ttc however when checked with a doc .. I was informed dat hve PCOS and hemce will require treatment..!! My peripds ate very irregular.. I took progynova and deviry ... progynova i started on 1st oct till 10th oct.. 1 in d mornin and 1 at night.. Deviry i startd taking since 5th oct till 10th oct.. 1 morning and 1 at night.. Today is 14th oct.. Still mo sign of getting periods..!! Could someone advice as to how long will it take for me to get my periods..?? Thank you

10. AVA167

AVA167 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am new to this site so am not sure if I am posting in the right forum.Me and my DH are 30 yrs old and ttc frm 6 months now.Dr said might be PCOS so tests are currently going on.would any of you kindly tell me some natural remedies for treating this problem.Does Ashokarishta (ayurvedic tonic) help?