Negative pregnancy test but late period :-( the tension is killing me

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by aries1204, Feb 10, 2012.

1. pari85

pari85 Bronze IL'ite

hey frnds ,

i did my HPT today in morning by digital kit (which says 99% accurate anytime of day),it said "not pregnant",now thts wht weird things is,earlier in line test as u all know ,i got a faint line in control window ,but now digital one is saying something else.....ahhhhhhh,dont know whts happening but one thing i know that i didnt got my period in JAN and even now in feb i m waiting for my date.should i do line test again after 3-4 days.

Pari

2. pari85

pari85 Bronze IL'ite

hey Jogu,

dear i m almost a month up and still dont know whts these HPT are saying to me ,and as u said u are 8 days up,so dont worry much ,eat healthy and do HPT aftr few days ,as u said some mucus is coming so i can tell from my exp tht whenevr i see such mucus in my period time i get my periods aftr 3-4 days.but case may b different for u ,may be u r going to give gud news soon as u told about ur symptoms.and wish u all the best and not to worry at all.do the test after 2-3 days and let us all know wht u got.
    tc
    Pari

3. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I am back with my wait now. Actually ovulated after a very very long time and for the first time this year am waiting for the verdict :-D. Tried to stay away from this part of the forum to keep my thoughts down and under control..but can't any more :) .

I'd say waiting until 45 days is quite normal. Its like the more you think about it, it never seems to happen. Just forget it for one more week and chill. If there's no Pink line after that, visit your Doc and request for a Beta hCG. There are always chances of late ovulation when we get stressed about TTC. Proof is my friend..Although her story was a little more exciting - they weren't even trying but late ovulation brought in the most unexpected guest and she found out about the pregnancy only after almost 60 days. Turned out though she was supposed to be 12 weeks for her first scan, she was just about 9 or 10 at the most, so was sent back and asked to come back in 2 weeks time.

Pari, as for the digital tests, I was told by my doctor that some of them are calibrated. So may not be very accurate, just get one of those sensitive tests and try it in a day or two. How many days late are you now?

Jogu, give it just one more week until you hit 45 days or even 48 days. Your body might give you signs too. BTW I too suffer from Hypothyroid and PCOD. Been on medication for both for about 4 years now. But I did conceive once before. My cycles are never on time, thanks to my one almost out of order ovary and thyroid - if I had more than 6 cycles in a year, I'd consider it a record!! lol And I never ovulated before day 18. So don't worry about it and just give it more time.

blessed2009, that is the spirit. Wish you the best :)

Aries, good luck to you too. Making a baby isn't that easy apparently but the wait will be worth it soon.

Do take good care until then ladies. Eat right and drink loads of fluids. I know I have been neglecting my health quite a bit lately..got to start a good routine to get things straight.

1 person likes this.
  4. jogu07

jogu07 Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

Guess "to wait" is the only key....however this seems to be the most difficult thing...the update is that on saturday(8 days up) i felt a little wet and checked it was a light brown discharge that lasted for abt only a few minutes...i :)

Tanoshii - over and above the fact tht we are sufferin from Thyroid and PCOD, its the insecurity and the ambiguity of will we or wont we tht kills us...:) i cn completely understand however in my case, I was diagnosed with PCOD years back and stopped medication long back....my periods are regular(28-30 days cycle) and for my thyroid, I started takin medicines religiously a year back, only when I was told tht without tht I wont be able to conceive....so dnt know whts God got in store for us....!!! Good luck to u..I am sure ur gonna be blessed this time...!

Pari - Dnt worry, the tension and stress is all it takes to ruin the good things so pls keep ur calm as wait is the key pls wait for a week or so and go for a blood test and also my doctor has adviced me a medicine which will help in increasin ur HCG count for three days and then u can test, I hope this works and yes do not worry as this will not affect your pregnancy....My advice would be pls confirm with a doc and take this medicine for 3 days and then test....my gut feelin says tht ur baby is due....!!!:)

And heres for all - gals, pls be patient and be positive, do not stress or be nervous....God is great and I am sure we all are due to become mothers one day or the other so, do not panic and loose hope...:)

baby dust to all....)))))

5. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Thank you dear. And wish you too the same. Don't worry about anything for now. It will all be worth waiting soon :)

6. pari85

pari85 Bronze IL'ite

hi Tanoshi,

i did the line test yesterday evening ,it didnt showed any line in control window.before that as i said i did 2 digital test but they said"not pregnant",so yesterday i thought to bring the kit which i used the first time in morning .but yesterday it didnt gave me any positive 2nd line :(
    so dont know whats going on ,i never have delays in my cycles like this ,my usual cycle is 30-35 days max in 40 days i used to get my periods.i m TTC from DEC 2011,and since thn my cycles are not proper ,but last normal cycle i got was on 6th nov2011.but later in dec i got my period after a long wait on 26th dec2011.then since then i didnt got my period not in Jan nor in Feb ,and when i did my HPT the first time on 15th feb 2012,i got very faint line in control window within10 mins,which gets darker after 1/2 an hr.thn as u know the whole thing about digital test till yesterday in eve whn i tried HPT,it was all negative.i am not getting my periods from last 2 months which is really a strange thing and not even getting my + sign in HPT,so i think i dont hv any option left thn to visit the doc.
    God knows whts going on inside .no period and nor positive results in HPT,but only thing i m Confused is why the first day i got faint line 2nd line in my HPT.and since then all i tried was -ve results.
    so this is like somehting really weird happening.though i m not much tensed as i leave all things in god's hand but a little worry is there as my body is not acting normally somewhere.
    I have to take insurance here in USA so thinking as to take maternity in that or not ?as with maternity the rates are quite high in premiums and even i m not sure whether i m pregnant or not,so without knowing i dont want to take maternity insurance.
    well i think i m putting u guys with lots of questions regarding my problem but well this is the only site which i found to ask somthing which is troubling me.

so thanx in advance .looking forward to your replies to help me out in showing the right thing to do.

Pari

7. pari85

pari85 Bronze IL'ite

Hey Jogu,

thanx dear for ur wishes ,though i m not very tensed but as my periods are very much due frm last 2 months and no positive sign i am getting about pregnancy so i get the thoughts somtimes whts actually happening with me .otherwise i keep doing things and keep myslef busy but these thoughts actually comes now and then.i hope i m not troubling u guys with my lots of queries but i ask to know that may b anyone of us have gone through my phase .so anyways if nothing helps going to doc is the only thing left for me i think .and tht i can go in march only so till feb end i m waiting as much as i can else doc can answer may b whts happening inside me.i m not getting any pregancy symptoms too which i saw in internet.so i dont think i m pregnant out of my 4 HPT i got 3 negatives (later ones)and only 1 positive(the very first one),so chances are very less for yes.

but will share with u guys what will doc say as i will go in march only.
    TC
    Pari

8. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Don't worry Pari. Best thing would be to visit the doctor and find out. TTC can stress you out real bad, a lot more than you'd ever think. So just get a blood test done or if possible request for a scan and see what's going on in there.

I have had one experience, almost 6 years ago, I had a false positive. That, I'd say was my most expensive HPT. 3 days from the test, my husband packed me off to India and asked me to check things out. Turned out it was nothing. We had just started leading a normal life then and my hormones were raging. That is it.

I am not discouraging you, but don't build up your expectations. Just keep calm. You've started trying just recently right? So just give it some more time. Maybe a doctor visit would be good to start preparing fresh too. I got a whole set of tests done and turned out my Folic, B12 and Haemoglobin were all low. It gave me some time to get back to normal and start trying again.

So relax for now and let the doctor to worry about the rest. It will all work out soon.

1 person likes this.
  9. pari85

pari85 Bronze IL'ite

thnx Tanoshi,

evn i think so,doc will b the only option left now,thnx for all advice and a sharing heart frnds.Tanoshi,u know evn i asked my DH to parcel me to ind :):)so tht i can get my whole checkup done ,but he said no we'll do it here only.so most probably we'll meet the doc in march 1st week once i get my insurance here.hope aaall izzz well :)
    tc
    Pari

1 person likes this.
  10. Mimosa

Mimosa Silver IL'ite

Hi Pari85,

I guess the first faint positive you got must be an evaporation line? Google to find out more about it...they look almost as much as the positive test lines, but the colour is a bit different, and often they appear after 10 minutes of taking the test. Are u sure you had read the result within 10 min that time?

Else, do check to find out if you have PCOS or any other condition that could be delaying your AF. 2 months is a long time for this to happen without any underlying reason.

Good luck and do KUP!:thumbsup

1 person likes this.