Negative pregnancy test but late period :-( the tension is killing me

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by aries1204, Feb 10, 2012.

1. jogu07

jogu07 Gold IL'ite

Hi Guys,

I have hypothyroid and guess PCOS as well. I am on medication for thyroid since years and we are TTC since a year now...My periods are regular but this time missed it (6 days up) experiencing some symptoms, dnt know if it is pregnancy or PMS symptoms as I tried HPT and it was negative...Dnt know wht to do...scared to go for a blood test as it would be too early I guess....could I be preg?

2. jogu07

jogu07 Gold IL'ite

:drowning
    is there anyone who can help me...?:drowning

3. pari85

pari85 Bronze IL'ite

hi jogu07

i think see for few more days nd then only if your date doesn't come ,then go ahead with home pregnancy kit and try in home first.
    thn u can go for blood test.

tc
    pari

4. blessed2009

blessed2009 Senior IL'ite

Hi Pari

My period started today.I am relieved and happy that atleast it started and my mechanisms are working right :)
    and one more chance to try for a baby.we are excited and switched on the clear blue ovulating monitor.really look forward to this month n hope this machine works right for us.praying & hoping for a healthy baby for all of us.will keep you updated and may be we all meet again in the pregnancy thread with the good news.

This month i really dont want to miss the 'the day'.we are thinking of trying every alternate day ;) want it so badly...

take care

1 person likes this.
  5. jogu07

jogu07 Gold IL'ite

Hi Pari,

Thnx a lot for ur response but I am really worried and I dnt knw wht to do..ofcourse i ll wait for a few more days but could I b preg as it is very rare that my periods are delayed...also the HPT came negative so I am worried..:(

6. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Jogu, sometimes our cycle can get delayed simply due to the stress of TTC! Maybe you ovulated later than you think...did you track your body temperature and cervical mucus during this cycle? If you did, you may be able to pinpoint when you ovulated and know your expected date of AF. Wait for another 4-5 days and then ask your doc if you should take a HCG blood test. Hope it works out for you.

7. pari85

pari85 Bronze IL'ite

hey blessed,

see i said u are blessed ...:) so not to worry at all.just dont take tensions and god will take care everything :) :)

8. pari85

pari85 Bronze IL'ite

hey jogu,

dont worry much ,i cant tell you much in detail because even its my first time,so even i'll taking advice from senior frns here .but yeah will say tht dont take much tension because i feel u get tensed very soon .which is not good for your health,so stay calm ,try to divert your mind towards listening some good songs and watch somthing you enjoy.dont think about it 24 hrs as it will affect the natural process too.and evrything will be fine soon :).try going for doctor if your periods are still delayed for few more days and u get negative HPT..and yeah just keep yourself calm and god will do the best for u :)

TC
    Pari

9. jogu07

jogu07 Gold IL'ite

Hi CJ1980,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I havent tracked my body temperature as I am a thyroid patient and my body temperature is more than normal, now that I am 8 days up, yet my body temperature is more than normal...Hence the confusion also I have been noticing a discharge since a week now....which is white in colour and looks like mucus....I am too workin for it to work out....thks for your help....

The fact tht i am never late or do not miss my periods, is the reason I am hopeful this time....its a perfect 30-30 days cycle so....anyways keepin my fingers crossed....!!!

10. jogu07

jogu07 Gold IL'ite

hey pari,

thnk u so much and u r rite, i tend to worry a lot...i m literally goin crazy...yes i m tryin to keep my calm as wht is destined to happen will happen however I m hopin and the wait is killin me....the thing is tht as I am thyroid patient, hv heard a lot of things from ppl and thts the reason i m so tensed...i m 8 days up now and the symptoms i m experiencing are bloating, headaches(mild ones) abdominal pain and cramps and feel nausea sometmes, not always and its jus a feelin (dont throw up)....and yes severe lower back pain...