1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Neeya Naana - Latest Episode

Discussion in 'TV' started by peartree, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

I haven't watched the show yesterday, and generally don't watch this show too. But I got the drift of the discussion happened on the show from the comments here.

Apart from taking sides on either of the side, here I strongly feel these Talk show people might have asked the participants to put forth their aggressively, only then it would look like a war front and increases TRP.

These days, I came to the conclusion that these talk shows in TV are not required at-all as they don't talk optimally / on middle ground but tend towards extremes. In the initial days of when these discussion programmes are started it was with a intent to understand different view points, but now it turned to just argument shows with no healthy discussion.

2 people like this.
  2. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

Cooking universally done by female only the difference is we are giving much important to cook at home in Europeans most of the day they will have at restaurants only.

Also male may or may not be enter into kitchen it deepens on the person.

3. krvchitra

krvchitra Bronze IL'ite

hi i found the whole show confusing ,people were not clear of what they were talking,older ppl should come to the present days' convenience & should not thrust their ideas.

1 person likes this.
  4. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

As Sumanrathi said, in western countries cooking is not a big deal. They got more ready to eat foods, just to be microwaved and to be eaten. In India still it is a big deal, social issue, prestige issue and people will never change. India is the country which has the most diabetic patients, it is because of inefficient eating.
    In India if the men are cooking they have to go through teasing among their circles. But it is not so in the western countries.
    People may say that now a days men are cooking.May be IT people, but what is the overall percentage of men cooking? Majority of men still feel egoistic about not cooking!

5. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Sorry to contradict ...
    Yes India is the country which has the most diabetic patient but the reason is not in efficient eating, it is because of physical inactivity and high fiber/ high calorie intake (as we Indians cant avoid rice ) . Hope you know the defects/drawbacks of eating ready to eat food and western people say Americans are prone to heart disease .

Anyways , if Men as to cook then where ever they are they will do . Of course yes most of the men say no to cooking because of ego/ laziness . My only point is Men will be Men where ever they are.

6. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

only IG can bring sex into this discussion!

I don't agree to having to 'win' anyone's heart by any means. I wudnt care to bend backwards to 'win' anybody or anything. I wud prefer if the person loves me for what I am than for what I cud be or for what I should be or what I ought to be or for what all I cud do to win his/her heart...irrespective of whether I aim at his stomach or 6 inches below it.

4 people like this.
  7. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

I am male I don't feel i will loose my manalism because of cooking. My wife and my kids are having good respect on me they obey what i say everything is cool..

I advice my kids we should have peaceful happy family with lot of fun like eating, playing etc, at the same time each and every one should their responsibility too we have nice happy world :)

I hate to have frozen or ready to eat food stuffs, now I am living alone I used to cook daily everything is fresh.

because of consuming heavy carbohydrate we Indians are getting diabetic now a days, weekly twice or thrice we should have some European style food too

Any way you can have anything provided you should burn that chollories, that we are not doing this is the main reason

8. SangeeVenkee

SangeeVenkee Silver IL'ite

Like/Hatred towards cooking would vary from person to person.
    People who dont like cooking will have to still live with it bcoz of family & financial pressures...People who are in comfortable zone in liberal families, find an alternate solution to it as having a cook...like the Lady Manager...
    On the other hand people who love cooking are willing do it, even if they have the choice to have a cook like the Lady Doctor...So it all varies from person to person based on their family/financial situation, working/homemaker and liking/hatred.

No one can be judged as good/bad wife/mom based on this.

1 person likes this.
  9. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Sumanrathi,

Good to hear that you cook at home and wish more men follow your path .

My say is cooking not a factor/ tool to attract the spouse .

10. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Thank you. This was the thought running through my mind during the entire show. The people on the side of liking to cook seemed to be very judgmental about the other side and making statements like they were missing some great joy in life by not cooking with their own hands to serve their husband/children. I really did not understand the whole assumption made by the doctor side that a woman somehow HAS to like to cook and if not, she is in someway inadequate.

Also, with some women mentioning that they cooked because they did not want their kids getting close to naathanar etc., I felt it very cheap and almost akin to manipulating the child!! Did you teach your children that the only thing they will find a person worthy of their liking is by that person's cooking skills??? Very sad...