Need your suggestion-Women enterpreneurs

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by born2vin, Aug 4, 2009.

1. aarthilr

aarthilr New IL'ite

Hi all,

You can have a look at charityfocus.org.It is a website which helps NGOs and other social organisations to get their work done.They also have website building projects for NGOs and other non technical volunteer work listed in their website.If you would like to do some service, you might try out these.

Also there are lots of websites on careerbreak which gives you volunteer work if you need a break/gap in your career.But most of them would require travel. One I know is careerbreak.com,there are similar other India based websites too, just google for career break you might get some ideas.

Cheers,
    Aarthi

2. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sindhu,

First I thank you for your time and a valuable reply for my query.

Yes, I am in Bangalore.Can you please let me know what is awake and where I can find them? How effective is their courses. Any website…

Yes you are right, I don’t want to work for someone and also not in the same line which I work now, it doesn’t give me the fulfillment…
    What I mentioned service is a social work…
    Yes, I am preparing myself to face the obstacles which might get on my way when I start a business and I am ready to take risk and learn on the way.

3. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

Hello Aarthi,

Thanks a lot for the information and suggestion on the webpages. I will check for the same..

4. raosh2

raosh2 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am also in the same boat as you are and was thrilled to know that there are so many people from IT who want to do something else. I am also in IT and everyday toying with the idea of giving up my job and doing some business but always confused about what to do. Still not clear about my interests and I guess no one can help me with that or if anyone can.... please do help me out. I am also ready to join any courses which will help me hone my skills and partner with anyone who is also interested in starting her own venture.

5. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

HI born2vin:

AWAKE is located in Rajajinagar Industrial area off Chord Road. Here is their website. I have enquired about their course at their office however, I have no idea as to it's usefulness. But I have heard good remarks about their other courses like candlemaking, jewellery, pickles making, etc. Once you go through their website you will get a clear picture and also would suggest going to their office.

These days a lot of institutes have entrepreneur development courses(EDP). IIMB has one in April of every year. Will write more about this later. I saw an ad by XIME in Deccan Herald dated 17/08/2009 announcing a course on EDP as well.

EDI also has courses on entrepreneur development. You might want to check it out.

[justify]
    There are quite a few NGOs operating in different areas like education, dealing with disabilities, etc. You could also start a NGO yourself with likeminded people. For details on NGOs, check this site on NGOs in India.
    [/justify]

Hope this helps.

Sindhu

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  6. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

Thanks sindhu. i will check out the site which you have listed... and the EDP information is very useful. let me know if you come across any in future.. thanks a lot once again.

7. Agraraian

Agraraian New IL'ite

Dear OP - You have started a good thread.

It is refreshing to see that marriage is high on your priority list-you and your future husband will be 'one' and therefore your plans are really in what you do together. That being said, gainful and fruitful occupation as a single woman is a good thing as along as is doesn't overtake everything else. It is also good to learn something new and explore new environments outside of the corporate culture.

I work alongside my husband (prev. MBBS) who undertakes agricultural consultancy globally. It has been an amazing opportunity for travel learning completely new skill set and helping others in as substantial a way as making them better with drugs.

Have you considered some kind of farming, market gardening or agricultural venture. With your IT skills I am sure you could plan a business well and expand or innovate. I think agriculture is a very good skillset to have in hand for uncertain times... If you wanted to learn about poultry farming, which is where my husband consults, you may enjoy this article on starting a small farm:

Starting a Poultry Farm

Check social media and twitter a lot of educated young women are making waves in farming. If you or anyone else have questions or comment please reply or message.

Have a great week.