1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need your inputs ladies :)

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by gaja_lakshmim, Jan 7, 2012.

1. gaja_lakshmim

gaja_lakshmim Senior IL'ite

Thanks Malar, Silvertulip,Sharmila and mybaby for ur valuable fb.

Till now my husband did not insist me on staying in his mom's house.
    If he insists, I will stay with ILs for a week and go to my mom's house.
    15 more days to go.. will update what happens after I go to India.
    Gonna face tough tym...

Regards
    Lakshmi

2. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Lakshmi,

One word of caution. You are saying till now he did not insist you to stay in his mom's house. So it means he does not think it is a big deal and has no opinion either way. This is working in your favor. Do not delay anymore. Decide clearly what you want to do to suit yourself and baby. Then speak to him now itself and firm up all the travel plans before you go.

If you go to India with nothing decided, you may get stuck badly. Because your mil and sil will definitely have an opinion on where you should stay etc. and he will become affected by their words which our men do very easily :) and say what is the big deal. you stay here only. Then if you say only one week here and all no one will listen. To guard against that, you make the plans now itself and book the tix also. Once tix are booked, no one can say or do anything. If sil or mil bring up the topic you can say oh too bad. He and I discussed it and took a decision already. what to do, we cant waste the tix can we? You have nothing to lose by acting immediately.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  3. gaja_lakshmim

gaja_lakshmim Senior IL'ite

Hi Sandhya,

I was thinking about dat also.. I have booked my tickets for Feb 5th.
    My husband is not interested in starting this topic as we always end up with a fight when it comes to ILs.
    When I start he is just telling that he want me to stay calm n enjoy preg n he don want any bitter feelings on me now. keeping fingers crossed :(

Lakshmi

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012