1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

need urgent help...

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by titli, Sep 5, 2009.

1. titli

titli New IL'ite

hi all ladies
    i hv a 18 month old boy who does'nt want to go to bed during night. if i put him on bed he starts crying n wants to go out of house for walking..this is happening from past 1 week..sometimes he gets up during midnight n he acts the similar way..we r fed up of this attitide n we r having sleepless nights..
    he plays well during evening n eats well...we don't understand his behaviour..pls let me know what is happening with him...
    pls help me ladies..
    thanks
    titli

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

The following may be the reason

1.Achieving new milestone
    2.time to stop one nap

3. PritiGanesh

PritiGanesh Senior IL'ite

hi titli - Do not worry ,this is just a passing phase ...

My DD was similar when she was 18 months.She used to play in our apartment compound and even at bedtime she wanted to go out and play.
    We had to take her to the balcony and show that it is night and so it is sleeping time.

But gradually she understood and by the time she was 2 yrs she had a definate sleeping and getting up time.

I really understand your situation and the frustration along with it.

This phase will go but you need to keep a routine for your DS. Kids feel very secure with a routine and then they themselves like to follow it.

I am sure you will be having a bedtime routine just fine tune it from time to time bath, reading time , dim light , taking in whispers , saying goodnight to each other and maybe a soft music.. I am still struggling to keep up the routine but this really helps.
    Also reduce the day naps.

It will be fine soon.

take care

regds
    priti

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009