Need to know about susten 300 tablet?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Dhanavignesh, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Dhanavignesh

Dhanavignesh Junior IL'ite

Hi dudes,

My sister got married 2 years back and she has 1 year girl baby, again she got concieved, First baby was cesarean, now she was not interest 2nd baby this much soon.

She got last periods in october month, till now didnt get periods, so she did pregnancy test, that was slightly +ve, so consult gyn, suggest susten 300 mg capsule for 5 days, after that u vl get periods.

Little bit confused, what is the purpose of susten 300mg capsule, surely it vl help to avoid my pregnancy .

2. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Susten is to ensure that the progrestrone levels are maintained to ensure that there is no miscarriage. There is no way its going to push for a period.

The medication which is had to trigger a period is typically modus.

3. Dhanavignesh

Thank you so much Winipooh...
    She consult doc on last week of tuesday, 5 tab got finished by saturday itself...But till now she dnt got period..Shall she wait or consult with doctor again...She was n worry...
    Is it take long time to push the periods...

4. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Would suggest that she waits till about 40 days and then visit the doc.

5. Dhanavignesh

Thank u so much for great response in this time winipooh, Sure wini, but gyn didnt told anything that to my sis...Gyn told after taken 5 tabt soon will get periods and after she asked to take scan also.

6. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

With the tab Susten..no chance she will get the period, it will get postponed. Please ask her to instead go to another doc and check. The tab to get period is modus, etc.

7. Dhanavignesh

Sure winipooh...gyn put injection and suggest to take this susten tablet....Ask my sister to consult some other doct...Thanks for reply.

8. Dhanavignesh

Hi winipooh, my sister got periods by last week of thursday. by last wed i told to her consult with another gyn, so she went to near by clinic bt dr not available on that day. so she planned to go by thursday..on dat she got her periods...This week going to take scan as by gyn told...

9. Dhanavignesh

One more doubt i have, now she got periods for this month and no more chance to get pregnant na???????

10. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi...its importat that she gets herself checked up since she got her period. considering she conceived, there should have been an ejection of the fetus. hope the doc confirmed that?