need to follow after intercourse

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by shivakanchu, May 23, 2010.

1. shivakanchu

shivakanchu New IL'ite

Sleeping positions Vs TTC

Hi ILs,

I have completed one year of my marriage life and am in TTC, i have the following doubt please help me

When TTC is there any sleeping positions that should be avoided after intercourse during the days between 11th to 20th day?

Because i used to sleep in the position like my stomach touches the bed and turned towards the side... will this position affect the pregnancy process?

If yes, please suggest the positions that are advisable...

2. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Re: Sleeping positions Vs TTC

hi,

I do not think there is any connection between sleeping position and TTC. Sleeping position does matter only after your pregnancy is confirmed.

3. sweety25

sweety25 Senior IL'ite

Position after IC.....

Hi...

After Intercourse I heard placing pillow under butt improve chances of conceiving....I have a doubt that after placing pillow under butt, to what height the legs should be raised....? Is it correct that the legs should be up in the air???

Please clarify....

Thanks
    Sweety....

4. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

Re: Sleeping positions Vs TTC

there is no connection in sleeping position & ttc.. I wouldnt stand up immediately after intercourse (for atleast 30 mins)

5. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Re: Position after IC.....

I couldn't catch ur question. At d time of intercourse only, u should expand ur legs in air or put up... After intercourse YYYYYYY??????!!!! After intercorse you should lay down for 15 - 30 mts. Avoid immediate wash.... I know this only.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2017
  6. sweety25

sweety25 Senior IL'ite

Hi OOviya,

After IC I heard that pillow should be placed under butt and legs should be raised to avoid spillage of sperm...but I don't know to what ht legs should be raised....?? Just placing pillow wont avoid spillage....

Anyother IL's who already conceived please clarify....

Thanks
    Sweety....

7. tinku

tinku Silver IL'ite

I have undergone IUI treatments and everytime the doctor puts a pillow under my butt and asks my legs to be kept like mountains (inverted V shape). That's all.

They never ask to keep legs raised in the air or something. Just Keep your legs in inverted V shape for half an hour and then lie comfortably in a resting position removing the pillows.
    This same procedure can be followed after an intercourse too, as IUI is similar to intercourse except that the doc injeccts sperms inside the uterus.

8. sweety25

sweety25 Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot tinku....!!!!!

In how many attempts IUI was successful for you?

What's the reason for IUI...??

I am asking because am in the same boat....In our case male factor is involved....

9. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sweety25,

My doctor suggested,wait upto 1 to 2 yrs for conceive( without pcos, low sperm counts etc). After that only they suggest IUI.So, maxi. try to conceive in naturally. In addition to that, age factor also an important one. If u cross above 30, then try else.

10. sweety25

sweety25 Senior IL'ite

Hi Ooviya,

Actually doc suggested us IVF...as male factor is involved in our case...but We are planning to try couple of IUI'S even though doc gave us very less chances for IUI.... But We have to look into our insurance also....to our bad luck only our insurance is changing now....Insurance which we are holding now have everything covered....let's see what happens..... Anyways all this is bothering me a lot....so I have decided not to think much....I will leave it to god...

Sweety...