1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Suggestions

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Dobby, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Dobby

Dobby Silver IL'ite

it’s long since I logged into this forum. Friends I need help. Sorry for the long post.

My sister is married for 24 years working as teacher and have son (finished college) doing CA not settled.

Her husband from the beginning not supporting family but taking debts and extract money from her and my dad.

Bil doing the same from the first year of marriage and still sis not realising. I told them in the beginning itself. But they were scared of society. And my sis got married when she was just 22 and not mature at that time and still immature and unable to take decision.

My dad tried hard supporting in many ways and even letting them stay with him for more than 22 years of their marriage life.

My dad sold his property and invested and moved into new place and even before selling told Bil and sis to move away since both were working and earning decent to run family.

Bil was ok living in new place for six months. Then trouble started. He says he’s got loan playing cards and god knows what.

Sister gave all the jewellery to help him. Still loan was not over. Dad set an ultimatum and told sis to move away from him and stay with him. She didn’t listen.

After a year of struggle she decided to move with dad. Bil left the job and was staying at home for last 3 months. He promised to move into some lodge. Get job and repay his loan. But he’s never kept up his word.

Now how to protect her from Bil debts. Debtors come and ask her to give money and say they will give trouble in school. Headmistress is ready to protect her.

My dad doesn’t believe that Bil is in debt and he has taken money from sis gold jewel loan and saved it somewhere and expecting my dad to pay money.

I told him to give complaint with police department and initiate divorce. What are the steps to be done.

We live in India.

Could you suggest what could be done to save my sister, nephew and dad mom from harassment and safeguard my parents money.

Don’t know if I have expressed properly. Do give me suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Supporting your BIL and sister for so long was a mistake. It's time for some tough love.

Is your sister willing to divorce him now? If yes, help her find a good attorney.

If she is opposed to divorcing him, consider the possibility that your sister is conspiring with your BIL. Together they are spending your parents' money and your inheritance. Hire a private investigator to figure out their true finances. Then take that information to an attorney and plan your next steps.

Good luck, @Dobby.

Dobby and VidhyaVi like this.
  3. Dobby

Dobby Silver IL'ite

Thanks @Amica

Don’t know if she’s ready for divorce. But I insisted to my dad they need to do things legally so that they are not in a fix later. He agreed.

I told my sis when she was married for 2 years that this is not correct. Don’t support him. My dad stayed abroad and didn’t know full details since mom and sis hid it.

So to support sis he asked Bil and sis to move in with us.

I also had a feeling sis is conspiring against dad since he had deposited the proceeds of sale in bank. She must have had a feeling why he shouldn’t help.

That’s what annoys me more. Dad thinks he must have some savings hidden. But my sis is open in her finance.

Will use this suggestion of hiring detective and get all info. So that we can use it against him.

Will look for good lawyer soon.

Thanks once again. It’s an eye opener getting your point of opinion.

Being in this situation blanked my mind out.

Regards
    Debby

Amica likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:I came here because i saw a like from you to my feedback elsewhere.
    Now since five years gone by and like to know status.

But as on date i presume the issue stands resolved amicably between your sis/bil & u.

I trust they are living separately comfortably and their CA son married & employed. I also presume you got your rightful inheritance .
    Regards.

Dobby likes this.
  5. Dobby

Dobby Silver IL'ite

thanks for reminding me old thread. Bil passed away couple years back. Her son is yet to be married. He’s going to write finals now. Hope he clears this without struggle. My sister didn’t have blissful marital life. May be future will hold happy things for her.

Inheritance- I don’t want any inheritance from my parents and want them to have comfortable stress free retired life since they have had more tensions during early days.

Cheers

drdiva, Sweety2016 and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for posting the status as response to my request.
    God helps all sisters & mothers & their offspring!

7. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Please let us know how your sister is. I pray she found happiness.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

You are a very good daughter and a wonderful sister @Dobby..May god bless you and your family in abundance

Thyagarajan likes this.