1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Suggestions..

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by pinkydarling, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You should not be worrying about these things in 8th month. Better if you follow your husband's suggestion and just leave such matters. But, if you are trying to understand why it happened, here are two things that stood out:

Even for a simple party, BIL and co-sister should have been invited. Excluding them was not a wise move. They do not fall under "relatives" category.

From your description, it seems like your in-laws and perhaps your family also are on the traditional side. In such families, the usual protocol is for same age/generation person to call and invite. You can invite your co-sis, but your MIL/FIL needed an invitation from your parents for a party in your parents' house. You can give MIL all the details about the party, but for formality sake your mother is expected to take the phone and tell your MIL, "Please do come."

I am not a fan of such protocol and requirements, but it is what it is.

2. pinkydarling

pinkydarling Platinum IL'ite

ThankQ for u r detailed reply.With u r msg u made my day very happy.
    Iam not living with my In-laws. We r living separately. We visited yearly twice them.
    Well said dear, U opened my eyes. U know with u r msg i understood my behavior.
    Mine is childish behavior So i need to become mature nd behave like a matured person.
    My hubby always says like u only But my mind is not think towards. My FIL Bil both are good nd attitude also Good.They understands very well. But my MIL only Behaves different. She don't have understanding nature nd behaves like a immature. That only killing me.Actually she don't understand every thing. She thinks herside only. And she will feed good about herself with her sons nd relatives nd always bad talk about DIls .Actually i behaves very well with her nd i will do more help to her also. But y she always gives complaint about dils. That only bothering me .
    U know sister for my attitude nd for my good behavior There is no place in her mind. Her talks also not good.She is good with infront of me but bad talks back side of me. Whenever my mom meet her always complaints about me that only irritating me. She will not call to my parents nd she will not invite them but she will except everything from my parents.
    But wt to do I can't change her. So i need to change as per u r suggestions ,forget about herself nd her behavior nd need to maintain formal relationship with her.
    Good suggestion dear. Really appreciate your way of thinking
    ThankQ soo much.

3. lukywife

lukywife Gold IL'ite

Dear - So far everything is good. Your mil did something wrong, her expectations are wrong. You weren’t calm, you asked her straight you expressed your displeasure and you didn’t pick her call. Good. You stood up for yourself. Your husband didn’t force you to speak to her. Now it’s time to forgive her. Forgive her behaviour. If she comes to you, show genuine love without becoming a doormat. If she talks about past, tell no you can’t talk to me about that or you cannot talk bad about my parents. If she taunts you or your parents in future, tell straight you won’t appreciate the behaviour. If you forgive, it’s very easy to handle difficult people. difficult people are scared of honesty. You won’t be emotional if you forgive, you can always communicate your boundaries. Forgiveness will make you feel good about yourself. It will boost self esteem. You communicated your displeasure to her, now forgive. Good job so far. Forgive her compassionately. She is a old person with patriarchal baggages.

pinkydarling likes this.
  4. pinkydarling

ThnkQ so much for u r reply.
    Yes dear i should not worry about these things in this time. This time is very precious so I need to enjoy but situations are disappointed me. Yeah u said correct
    Yes BIL nd Cosister are not relatives they are family only. They were never invited my parents to any parties nd any functions. So for that only I neglected.
    Yes she excepted a call nd invitation from my mom. Me only avoided that time becoz she never invited my parents to her family functions in a proper way. Always behaves like a don't care method towards my parents side. Actually we invited somany functions from my side she also attended very happily. But she never call to my mum nd never invited my parents . Nd if my mum call to her means she will talk differently nd some unrelated stuff. So for that reason also I avoided my mom to call her. Nd she do nagging for every small matter in front of their sons.
    Yes sister my parents and me also not fan for that protocol but we will follow . My inlaw is super fan of this protocol but she will not follow. Then wt to do I am DIL na so I don't do anything.
    As per IL friends suggestions only iam not thinking about her. And any way I learned alot with this situation. U know sister I cried alot for her words nd her behavior. She is not to much bad. But not much good. Not a matured person that only bothers me. With that immature behavior she is giving bad feedback about my parents to her son ( my hubby ). He is only son in law to my parents. For in these days I never care about her behavior but now only starting worrying becoz she is feeding immature thoughts to my hubby. He is listing every thing. Nd thinking like a small baby. U know sister we are staying so far away to my in-laws nd mothers place. She always emotionally blackmailing with her cries nd her words witn my hubby. So I am scaring for that reason only. I cried alot alot . . How can I leave becoz it is impacting on my life.But nothing is our hands. OMG she is very talktive. I can't bear with that cunning behavior so simply I am avoiding her from now. I try to mingle with them very well but they all are living in different zone. So I am only adjusting .
    Sorry for giving long msg .Some emotional inner feeling.
    ThnQ for spending u r valuable time on my post.

5. pinkydarling

Haii dear. ThnkQ for understanding me.
    Yes first time I stood for my self.Everytime I am adjusting nd I am bending towards her without any my fault. But she didn't changed her behavior .So first time I stood for my self becoz I am only suffering.
    Yes dear forgiveness is very great thing. Nd I am trying to forgive her. One week back I talked formally like how r u , how is life going on. And that day onwards no talks nothing.
    Sure I will follow u r suggestions nd and I will be Good with her.
    Sure I will communicate with in boundaries only.
    U know some times my heart is thinking about her only becoz I was talked very close to her nd treated like my mother. But she shows her original nature so my heart is not supporting to forgive but as per u r suggestion I will forgive her.
    ThnkQ for u r valuable suggestion.

6. pinkydarling

@SonyThumma ,@yellowmango , @Rihana, @lukywife, @Agathinai
    Dear Ilites with u suggestions u people made my day very happy.
    Really u r suggestions gave some clarity on my problem. Now my mind also free.
    ThnkQ for spending u r valuable time.
    U r suggestions are marvelous nd very important for me.
    So keep giving u r suggestions to ladies who seek advice.
    Becoze it is sometimes life nd death matter for so many people. So u r advices are worth it.

Lalithambigai and Agathinai like this.
  7. pinkydarling

Made a call to my in Law
    Nd asked how r u doing, how is things going on like that I talked nd she also replied very good manner only.
    Just did a formal talk infornt of my hubby.
    I felt scared but anyway finished one task.
    Nd my hubby did not continued the call,in between only he took phone from my side nd my hubby said enough don't talk deeply.
    I felt stressed while talking but any way good or bad I talked.

Lalithambigai and Agathinai like this.
  8. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Pinky, please focus on your baby. Nothing is more important than a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery. What MIL said or did is really irrelevant at this point in your life. Best wishes with the baby.

Lalithambigai and pinkydarling like this.
  9. pinkydarling

Yes, You are true.
    ThankQ

SinghManisha likes this.
  10. lukywife

lukywife Gold IL'ite

Very happy to hear you talked to her and got good response from her. Your husband is doing the right thing. Wishing you the best.

pinkydarling likes this.