1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Suggestions..

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by pinkydarling, Nov 9, 2018.

1. pinkydarling

pinkydarling Platinum IL'ite

Hello all
    Plz give u r suggestions my dear Ladies,
    This is my problem,
    My inlaw sometimes behave rudely, some times behave gud . And before their sons she behave gud nd innocent, some times with me also behave gud nd sweet, but I hate her behavior, becoz she is very cunning person, she have two tounges, She will consider everything even small matters also. She will point out everything nd everything. At marriage time my parents given clothes for my in-laws, After 7 yrs of marriage also she is saying that clothes are not good nd that gifts are not gud like that. She is not think like a matured person nd thinking like a cheap people, she don't think about what is talking nd what she is saying,
    My family is little bit Rich compared to my in laws family, but we never showed richness before them.Iam only daughter to my parents nd my Parents family have name nd fame around nearby villages. My family give more respect to my in-laws, But my in-law always behave like don't care type towards my parents, Always she will compare me with my co- sister for every single matter, ( she came from poor family but maintenance is very gud)
    Here is the problem
    Now I am pregnant with second kid . 3 months back I went to my hometown to take the rest with my 2 yrs old. Mine is very big family nd I am only girl child to my parents nd my son only grand child to my parents, so they will do everything for him(Feeding ,taking bath nd everything nd everything my parents only do for my son) But At my in-laws home she will not do anything even house hold work also , even she will not give water also for my child , only money will give sometimes, always talks about my BIL's son. Nd my cosister is always competition with me even about the vessel cleaning nd house cleaning , she will not talk properly with me. I don't care about things. when I stayed at my hometown my parents celebrated my son birthday just simple only, I called my inlaws, I invited them very politely nd I did not invited my BIl nd Cosister , Becoz simple party na nd it is full rainy season no proper power also I we don't want to invite my side relatives nd their side relatives, That day my father inlaw came nd gifted dress for my son nd He stayed one day nd he went , But my MIL not came, after somedays I went to my MIL home she talked gud only , she behaved gud only, becoz I am pregnant na so,
    After long days my parents met them in one function that time she started emotional drama, U are not invited me, u r not invited my edler DIL also, actually U daughter also not invited me properly. For me also no daughters we treat u r daughter like my daughter, but she never behaved like my daughter, she have very angry .. .. . .. .etc etc, like that my Mil talked, after 2 days my father called nd asked me y ur not called u r MIL to birthday party .That time I devasted nd shocked. I know always she behaves like that only every time for every thing. So I called them very politely but this time also she showed double face nd used another toung.
    And I called nd I asked my MIl about party y u told gossips to my parents about me, what they think? Nd I invited na for u r grand son birthday but why u r telling lies to my parents about me like that I asked
    Immediately she said not you, u r mom is not invited me. So I didn't came to party like that she said nd she fought with me in phone nd she talked very cheap nd low calss lady .So I also fought with her phone nd cut the call. Now no contacts with her, she called to after one month of this incidence but I did not pick up the phone becoz I hurt badly.This entire matter I told to my hubby and he said simply leave it nd don't care about them ,but My MIL is playing drama nd acting like a emotional queen in front of my hubby, he is not reacted anything in front me in this matter, Still with in 3 months I didn't called nd talked with her, Now I am going to my hometown for my delivery my problem is she will come to see me or not ? Or she will come to hospital for her grand child birth nd she will talk gud with my parents ? How they treat my parents nd after baby born at my parents place only we have some functions for that will she come or not, like that I am thinking don't know wt to do but I don't want to talk with her bcoz she hurt me badly, but her son is not asked her mother y u talked with my wife like that ? She is calling and telling her side version with my hubby ( for me I don't care wt she told with their son)
    I don't have mental peace with her, daily her thoughts only killing me Now I am 8 th month pregnant na no peace of mind my cosister also not talking nd not asking about my health but I need to call them for every single matter.
    Plz @SGBV nd @yellowmango give some strength to my mindnd heart. My hubby is not listing clearly nd simply he is saying leave it leave it leave it , that one word only he is saying? He is saying behave like a mature person nd don't care thierwords like that he is saying. I am getting mad with their talks nd chepa tricks.
    Plz give tips to handle them nd behave with them? ?
    Mine is very cheerful nd friendly nature but I don't know how to behave with them.
    Sorry for long post nd I am poor in English. So plz understand clearly. My cosister also feeling jealous about me in this pregnancy becoz they had only one boy nd she behaving very different also towards this pregnancy.. For every small matter my parents only helps to me, she will not invlove in any help regarding to me, But always she is pointing my parents , She came to my parents home so many times nd she ate nd enjoyed very well with my parents but when my parents met in them functions that time only she told so many silly things about me.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018

2. Agathinai

Agathinai Gold IL'ite

You are pregnant and going to deliver your second child. You being upset will affect your baby. Ignore and stop thinking about whether your mil comes or not. If they come be happy; if not also be happy because you are having a blessing from God and treasure every moment. Your mil if not visiting you, let it go and don’t brood. Just make sure your husband is on your side and knows your problems and is around seeing and helping you when your baby is born. Whatever happens with your mil side, other that husband been swayed which you need to prevent, you should ignore and live your life.

So don’t brood over what had happened or what could happen but live for the happy moments that is happening right now in your life.

Good luck.

3. pinkydarling

ThnkQ for u r reply.
    Sure I will try to ignore.

Agathinai and Lalithambigai like this.
  4. pinkydarling

But my father is saying u need to call nd talk with u r MIL. But I am not interested to call her. Becoz if I call to her means she will Show her power nd talk with some emotional Dilouges, nd no use to talk with her also . Nd I have no patience to talk nd give reply to her.

Agathinai likes this.
  5. Agathinai

Agathinai Gold IL'ite

Just for once, if you haven’t done already, speak to your mil; that’s for the sake of your father. But make sure you make it just short talk, without showing your emotions. You can add that your dad wanted to convey their regards etc. It will show that you did heed to your father’s request as well later not to be blamed by your mil that you never talked. But don’t make it a routine. If your father asks you to repeatedly talk to your mil, just tell him that he can invite her on behalf of the family which includes you. In the end you will have to curtail the interactions with her, if you need peace of mind.

Just now, read your signature and was smiling, you seem to know the answer to your problems already! So just implement it!

pinkydarling likes this.
  6. pinkydarling

ThnkQ dear for u r detailed nd smooth reply.
    Sure I will follow u r suggestion.

Agathinai likes this.
  7. pinkydarling

I forgot about my signature. Now only I read it. Thank Q for reminding about my signature.

Agathinai likes this.
  8. SonyThumma

SonyThumma Senior IL'ite

How are you doing Mounika? Also, remember you are pregnant, because of hormones you may feel certain things more [anger/sadness]. As others have suggested, concentrate on your baby . pick baby names and think of all things baby. It is so difficult for some people to get pregnant, you are lucky that you have made to so far.

yellowmango and pinkydarling like this.
  9. pinkydarling

Hello dear,
    Iam fine. ThankQ so much for u r reply. Yeah I know it is very difficult to get pregnant for somany. Iam also suffered alot to conceive a first baby. By God's grace only This time easily conceived.
    Yeah u said very well,in pregnancy hormones play a major role. Sadness , anger nd depression is very common But that stupid lady ( MIL) is not understand nd behaves very rudely. She only irritates me.
    Thnku for u r suggestion. Sure I will think about baby things nd future.

10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Pinky....you are going to have your second baby soon.Soon you will be so busy with your two angels,you won't have time to think about any thing.

Do you live with in laws ?

Why bother about ' if mil will come ' or ' how she will behave '.....when you have your two little ones to love and cuddle .
    On your part ,you do what needs to be done formally. If some invitation has to be given,you talk to mil and invite . Send them pics of the babies and do basics right.

After that ...it is not in your hand.
    No mil is perfect. No dil is perfect.

Make sure your husband is with you. Do not unnecessarily talk to him about mil . Keep him informed about things but don't keep saying it again and again .

Don't compare between parents and inlaws.
    In laws can rarely match the parents because you are their flesh and blood.
    Even your parents will not treat their dil with the kind of care and love that they show you. It is natural to love your child more.

You learn to take care of both kids properly by yourself with the help of your husband . That is the best way to show how mature you are. Ask your mom to teach you how to bathe the baby and other care stuff. Sometimes parents do too much in love and the daughter can't manage when away from parents.
    Take this opportunity to learn from mother so that you won't have to depend on mil. Then if she is involved,it will be bonus...otherwise you will be well prepared.

Be a good wife and mother . Treat mil with respect but formal because you both do not seem to understand each other well.
    Keep it respectful so that relations do not become worse. With time ,things get better if you give each other space.

As for co -sister( bil's wife) ,do not give her too much space in your head. If she is fine with you ,you be fine with her. She has her family to care for,youhave yours to care for.

The next year ,you will have your hands full with little ones. Make this a happy time for yourself and your little family.
    You ,your husband and your two babies are the stars of your life . Everyone else is a side actor who comes and goes. Don't pay too much attention to what is happening in the background.

Wishing you a very healthy and joyous year ahead .