Need Suggestions !

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by dhivyacc, Dec 11, 2017.

1. dhivyacc

dhivyacc Silver IL'ite

I would like to change my career option.
    What are the options available.
    All are suggesting to start a daycare.
    We have absolutely zero knowledge in businesses.
    But at the same time we feel we dont have enough time to spend with our children and we always feel we are over-stressed because of nannies, maids etc.
    Not sure this is because of the IT field. Eventhough we both are MCA graduates we couldnot make anything to settle.

If some1 could point to the threads or share the views would be of great help.

2. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

If you are interested in working with children or young adults, I would suggest a learning center, like Kumon or test prep center. This would be less time commitment compared a full-time daycare.

Or having an early childhood activity center, with playground and other activities (story time, music, dancing, rhymes, painting, dressup, etc.) - You could potentially hire a couple of teachers to lead the activities, but let the parents be with the child, while at the activity center. I have heard different names for these centers - ranging from children's museum, exploration center. I think it depends on your resources and location. For something in this scale, you could partner with a larger organization or non-profit, so that you can implement. This is an example of what I mean - Habitot Children's Museum: Current Exhibits

If you like working out, yoga classes or zumba, is also popular. Prenatal Yoga never goes out of fashion as well as, mommy and baby yoga classes.

Starting a small business is never going to be less stress than a full-time job, because you will be working longer hours and an irregular income. But depending on your business, you will be able to have more flexibility than your IT job.

dhivyacc and Mistt like this.
  3. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

any more ideas please