Need Suggestions on this Gold Investment

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by confused1982, May 10, 2013.

1. confused1982

confused1982 Senior IL'ite

Hello Friends,

We (Me and My hubby) are looking to buy plot in 1-2 months. My idea was instead of having cash in hand let us invest in gold and by the time we decide on a plot it would have atleast increased by 100 rs; Incase we are buying 200 gms then when can get atleast 20000 extra when selling to buy the plot.

Now we Decided to buy gold today @ rate of 2710 rs per gm from a known relative who owns a wholesale gold shop.

After buying now i am having jitters in my stomach what if gold doesnot increase?
    What if it reduces still?

To clear my doubts i even spoke to my relative who told me it may increase after akshaya tritiya as he seeing my rate is stagnant from few days, but he said we cannot tell it may also drop....I am so worried....

Friends does anyone have any idea of the future gold market please share...

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

buying physical gold to be sold is really risky. not only because of the rates, but as far as i have come across, no jeweller or bank gives cash for the price of gold.if it happens, it is always way below the market rate

but there is a chance of hitting 2600-2700 towards akshaya trithiya, provided no other news governs the bullion . and whatever is the rate today evening will be the rate till sunday. monday morning could see a change..

3. confused1982

confused1982 Senior IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

Thanks for the reply...while selling as i told i hv a relative who will get me a good price, so issues on selling......but i m afraid what if it reduces...then i m in a big loss....i should have taught before i bought :bonk anyways now i cant do anything after buying let my time decide :spin