1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Suggestions And Ideas

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by Deepa100, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Deepa100

Deepa100 Gold IL'ite

I will be celebrating my LO's first birthday party pretty soon and am looking for ideas in making this party a grand success.

The guest list is 60 people. I am planning on partly preparing the food with a friend's help at home and partly ordering outside.

Guest list will have veg and non-veg options.

puff pastry spinach and cheese pinwheels, tandoori gobi, tandoori chicken,biryani, chicken biryani, raita, naan, dal makhani, chicken gravy, carrot halwa, ice cream, cake.

This is my menu idea and I am planning on ordering the naan and sides outside and cook the rest.

I am not sure how much rice to cook for this number.

Please guide me on how best i can plan in making this menu so that i do not have any work the day of party.

Party is 7:30 pm to 10:30pm - dinner party.

Thanks,
    Deepa

Caide likes this.

2. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

i think its better to order everything from outside as only 2 of you are there to cook for 60 ppl it might not be that easy to cook at home unless if you can handle ... but i prefer you to order it because at last minute you should not look tired and above all you have to take care of baby though

Manojs likes this.
  3. Manojs

Manojs Silver IL'ite

Yes order outside, flavor varies from outside to home cooked food.

Lathasv, ssudhan and Caide like this.
  4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Better you order... The menu is very long, and cooking all of them for 60 people is not something easy.
    Specially I wonder whether you have vessels and cooking facilities to cook for such larger number in your kitchen. Then cleaning after the food preparation is yet another big task.

First birthday is something a celebration for the parents rather than the kid. The tiny kid may be fussy and tired, so loads of pampering is needed beforehand to make the party successful.
    Photoshoot during and before the party is essential. To all this, the kid needs her mom around. Also for the main event, mom has to be ready.
    With cooking and all the preparation works, I am not sure how much easy for you to get ready and stay presentable for the party.
    So better you order everything from outside.