1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

need suggestion to spend half day in Orlando

Discussion in 'Indians in Orlando' started by Priya4oct, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Hello Friends,

We are travelling FL on 18 Dec-25th dec. As per our plan -
    1. will reach Orlando on 18th night and will be there for 19th and 20th.
    2. will start for Miami on 20th evening and stay there for night.
    3. Will spend day (21st) at Miami and start for key west (or thinking to stay in Miami at night and go KW early morning as hotels in KW are quite expensive)
    4. spent 22 and 23 in KW and start for Orlando in 23rd after noon so that can reach orlando before 8-9:00 pm.
    5. Spend 24th in OL.

Now problem is we have return flight at 3:00 pm from orlando , is there any spot in OL which can be covered in half day and we reach airport at 1:30 (have to return car before boarding to flight).

And any other suggestion for above plan. We were planning to cover OL first but another couple who are with us, want to see Disney world in Christmas eve (24th and 25th) they have flight at 7:00 pm on 25th.

Friends please advise.

2. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

67 views but no reply.

Pleas pour your suggestions...

3. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

Good idea. Drive to Key West is one of the most scenic drives. During early morning hours, it is even more beautiful and relaxing.

4. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Thanks Thoughtful and Simple Mom.

Thoughful, We are planning magic kingdom on 24th and as you said, may not go anywhere on 25th. We are not very much interested in malls as I feel NY/NJ is better place of shopping. As per current plan in Orlando, we are planning -

1. 19th Dec- Seaworld - it's open till 6:00 pm on 19th , do you think 11:00-6:00 is enough time to sea world.

2. 20th Dec - Universal Studio as other couple will join us on 19th night and they are also interested in Universal (any suggestion which is better for 3 year old kid, Universal studio or island of adventure)

3. 24 Dec - Magic Kingdom (in case if we would not be able to make Key West, heard some time Dec is not favourable for key best due to weather issue and roads also get closed then 23 dec - Epcot, but I am doubtful if my DD will be able to enjoy Epcot)

3.25th Dec - will take rest and start for airport.

Any suggestion.

Thanks,
    Priyanka

5. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Thanks again Thoughful,

Regarding Universal, my DD has not been in roller coaster yet and I guess she might not be comfortable. I am also not very adventures, since my DH and another couple is inetrested in rides, we are going. Regarding Epcot, so you meant, my DD might not enjoy there, so I am thinking to give second day to MK so that she can have more time. While surfing in net, I saw few more places in Orlando like Legoland, Bushfall kill etc...are they worth going?

Also, any suggestion on hotel..as of now I have short listed 3 hotels which have shuttle service to theme parks. But another couple wants to stay some where far (actually they are planning for Extended Stay which is 15-20 miles from all theme parks) from parks and rent out car. But I feel , if we stay in 15-20 miles, may stuck in traffic as that's a peak season and not sure if parking will be easy. (there is 10-20$ difference in per night charge, that will be better than car rental and parking fee). Any idea, if shuttles are comfortable.

6. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

if your flight is at 3 pm, then it is little tight on schedule.

If you already have multiple day tickets to the theme parks, you can go there for couple of hours may be. If not, purchasing a ticket for half a day is not worthwhile

Instead if you are interested in shopping, your can go to the outlets and then go to the airport from there.