Need Some Biz Advice

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by CoolPie, Apr 30, 2017.

1. CoolPie

CoolPie Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am just considering to start a toys business and have decided to go online with it. I have a few doubts regarding the same.

1. My question might seem very elementary and ridiculous for a few. But couldnt stop asking. Here it is.
    We have a lot of free popular website builders like wordpress, squarespace, shopify ( free space for a trail period) and a lot more like godaddy and others. Why should I approach a software company to build and maintain my website when these free tools are available? Or what is the need for me to go for a paid website service ? I mean in what case should I approach these paid services who say that they will build me a website for Rs x ?

2. Can women here suggest some name for my shop?

3. What do you think are the popular games and toys that children (of ages 3 months to 15 years) like to play with ?

4. What different type of toys and games can be included that might keep kids interesting on the go?

2. CoolPie

CoolPie Silver IL'ite

24 views, yet no replies....

i thought someone might help....

3. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Hi Op,
    Answer to Q1:
    The free online website design has lots of limitation in layout,color,fonts,animation etc.,When you design through professional you can customize everything and design it as you want.

Answer to Q2:
    The name should high-light some business strategy like if you are selling branded toys then that should be included in the name of the business.If you planning to sell toys for less price then the name should high light here.So I couldn't give you any specific name as I am not clear on your business strategy. My another business suggestion would be to go for renting out toys.

Answer to Q3:
    Kids mostly are into ipad or tabs.The younger generation mothers are slowly getting their awareness to reduce it. The kids of 5 years and below prefer toys,older once prefer playing with friends or gaming.

Answer to Q4:
    Stimulating senses toys that has shapes,color,sound etc,Blocks toys, cartoon characters,cars,tracks,barbies,cooking sets,all outdoor game toys ,gaming cd,consoles,bicycles, toy scooter,skating board etc..there are many more I have given only few which just crossed my mind.

All the best

CoolPie likes this.
  4. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

First, free sites may work for blogs n some very small service oriented business but not for selling products as dese sites has a lot of design n capacity limitation n may restrict to showcase each product properly.

Names, shud b easy, catchy, small n on point to wat ur focus is.

Q 3 n 4, it has too many variations, I hav an 8 yr old son, n it has changed so much over the years, gadgets n game consoles r majorly favored though v try a lot to restrict. Reading, arts, crafts, super heroes, guns, cars, Lego, cartoons, animated movies, costumes, scooters, kids drivable cars, bicycles, wave boards, etc has been d focus so far.

CoolPie likes this.
  5. CoolPie

CoolPie Silver IL'ite

Thanks Ahneys for the input.

6. CoolPie

CoolPie Silver IL'ite