1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need some advice immediately. FIL having sudden serious surgery

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by mehtaradhikam, Aug 26, 2015.

1. mehtaradhikam

mehtaradhikam Bronze IL'ite

My FIL is having sudden serious surgery tomorrow at Ahmedabad. We live at Gurgaon. Today Ahmedabad is having serious curfew which can last a day or two more. My FIL is with my elder Brother in law but he is alone as he has two small kids which needs bhabhi's care and hospital is far away from their residence.

We are not able to decide whether to go right tomorrow for surgery or to go when he will need postoperative care. I am thinking that if we go tomorrow then me and my husband can stay till sunday and then my husband will return to his job on monday and I will stay there as bhabhi will be alone to take care for my FIL.

My DH says we should go after FIL gets discharged. But I think what if brother in law will be alone for all the hospital rush? BIL(Brother in law) is doctor himself but still sometimes hospitalization needs more than one person to do all things. Please help asap.

2. paramlav

paramlav Silver IL'ite

if your a bil can manage and as You are saying it's serious curfew i think it would be a problem like your dh suggested you can go after discharge and take care .

1 person likes this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

OP,if both options are possible/okay...then ask bil what should be done.
    He knows your fil's medical condition,he also is in that place and knows the curfew situation better.

Your husband could go now and help out and you could go latter to help with the recuperation.

Hope your fil recovers fast.

2 people like this.
  4. Anamika99

Anamika99 Gold IL'ite

Hope ur FIl recovers soon.

Feels great to see positive concern about in-laws

1 person likes this.
  5. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Review curfew situation with BIL and take a decision. If you are able to spend more time to help it makes sense to go early but main you need to check the curfew before heading out , no point in getting stranded in airports .

1 person likes this.
  6. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Hope your FIL recovers soon. I think it is better to go post operation where more help will be needed. Please do not take risk with the riots and curfew situation.

1 person likes this.