1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need some advice here

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by deepanika, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Arranged marriage, and baby within 1.5 years. Maybe you guys had no time to get to know each other before baby came along. And now lead busy lives with both of you working.

I can't think of any solution other than you both have to make the effort to spend quality time with each other. Baby-free time. This time investment now will pay off very well in the future.

How to find such time, and how to get husband to agree that such quality time is necessary is a challenge.

2 people like this.
  2. hgulla

hgulla Silver IL'ite

You both seem to have a personality conflict, I think he is expecting an independent and an aloof partner, where as you are expecting an attached and approachable partner (a normal expectation). How is your relationship with your in laws? If it helps, narrate your problem to them and see of they could help. That is, if and only if they are understanding and broad minded. Sometimes people are more receptive to ideas or advice from a person they love and respect.

Other than that, I don't have much suggestions. I am unsure if your DH will be open to counseling, that topic may trigger more problems. I am not sure how his work life is, is it very stressful etc. So a time off/vacation or a different relaxed job might help.

How was your relationship prior to having a baby? How did your both spend time together, how did you connect at that time?

1 person likes this.
  3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Your dh seems to have issues .Counseling is probably the best bet. Most employers pay for it.Please check with ur DHs HR.
    If ur DH wont agree to it....do you have a trusted family friend you can confide in ....someone whom ur dh trusts as well?
    May be you can talk to them as a couple.