Need service apartments near Apollo

Discussion in 'Housing' started by AbhiSing, Nov 8, 2006.

1. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear all

I need info about reliable and affordable service apartments near apollo hospital and Vijaya hospital in chennai.

My friend's father is going for a heart surgery and she doesnt want to stay with any relatives as it may be an inconvenience to all. So she is in need for a place to stay nearer to the hospital with her mom and 2 kids. I heard from another friend in Spore that there are private service apartments on daily/weekly rental basis in Chennai. (I too remember reading about that in vikatan recently)
    Chennai friends..please help me with the necessary details.
    Its is urgent as the doctor in her city has told not to delay any further.

Thanks a lot.
    Vijee.

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai Vijee,
    I have given the phone numbers of some rooms and flats near Apollo Hospital in the Chennai sub forum itself. Please look in that. About the service apartment you read in Vikatan is like a five star hotel. The daily rent is above Rs.1500/-. The one I am I have given, I feel you will get variety of rooms and services there. Thei are just a 2 minute walk from the hospital, across the road.
    Hope this takes care of your requirement. If you need any more info, please specify.
    I am not familiar with such places near Vijaya. I shall find out and post the details.

3. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Hi,

sometime back my FIL had gone through surgery in apollo.. At that time my husband, mil & sil stayed in Apollo guest house, which is right next to the hospital.

They charge Rs800 for AC rooms and Rs 600 for non AC. ac rooms have 2 bed in them.. 4 people can stay comfortably. Room has a kitchen too with few facilities so u can cook urself.. Apollo has a very good canteeen also inside. Let me know if u have any questions, I can find out.
    Regards to ur friend and family.

4. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Thanks alot!!

Dear Varloo and Selvi

Thanks for the responses.
    But the patient's blood pressure keps on escalating and so their cardiologist has advised them to do the surgery as soon as possible and that too should not travel too long. Transport by air is a problem beacuse Tirunelveli doesnt have an airport. So they have decided to do the surgery at Meenakshi mission hospital Madurai . I am also praying for his quick recovery and peace for the family.

Thanks once again.
    Cheers:wave
    Vijee

5. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Im sure they would have considered already, but just want to make sure they know that there is airport service from place near Tirunelveli (Vagaikulam).. may be 45 mts from main part of tirunelveli.. AirDeccan has flights running from there to Chennai daily.. If he can fly without any problem this may be much better option instead of travelling 3 hrs to madurai. Of course it depends on his health condition.

Just in case ur friend doesnt know ask them to consider this too..

6. Savannah

Savannah New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I found this site through a google search and it seems to be very good at giving advice. I need your help desperately!
    I am taking my aunt and dad to Apollo hospital in Chennai for treatment, my aunt needs some major surgery done. I am in touch with the hospital but their recommendations for accomodation are the 5star hotels which are not in our budget as we may have to be there for a month or so.
    Reading the post below, I understand that there are some service apartments which would be perfect fo us as I may have to be in and out dealing with 2 patients at the same time. Something close by the hospital would be perfect.
    Can somebody tell me about the service apartment you read about in Vikatan? (what is Vikatan?) and the Apollo guest house? ( the hospital has said they do not have any accomodation is this affiliated with them?)
    I would really like personal recommendations and contacts as we need to sort these things out quite urgently.
    Many thanks in advance,

Savannah

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Savannah,
    I have seen that many homes are available for accomodation just nearby the hospital. You may have to see them and then decide which is convenient for you. I would suggest that you come over and stay in some place first and then visit these places and decide.
    I think service apartments will be quite costly only, but the accomodation near the hospital would be nominal.
    Just google service apartments in Chennai and you will get the details. The company's name is Star City Serviced Apartments. Also visit the seulekha.com for more such info.

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai Savannah,
    our member sowminivibhu has posted that her friend is renting service apartments in Chennai. Please pm her or post a query in the forum to get details.