Need recipe of chole (channa masala) of Havmor restaurant

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Hyderabad' started by happywoman, Jul 26, 2008.

1. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

Im looking for the recipe of the all-time favourite chole of the famous Havmor restaurant in Basheerbagh,Hyderabad.

Since im away from home, im so tempted to eat this:crazy, ihave tried in many restaurants here (US) but nothing close to that.

Friends, can anyone help me with the recipe of the same.

Senorita or other members im looking for some response from you.

Regards,
    vani

2. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hi Vani,

Hope you had great time at Bay area meet..
    Once again kiduos to you all :cheers

Hey, i to love chole but i have no idea about Havmor restaurant in Basheerbagh. I just hear that from one of my friend's that Ice creams there are so yummy!

Let's wait and see any of our Ladies may know.

3. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vani,

Good to see that u had IL meet,hope u had good time.Coming to chole curry,i can give the regular one,but don't know Havmor(Ohri's) recipe.

One request,if u can make it do come to Kaburllu thread.We would love to have you there.

lathaa

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  4. skavi

skavi Senior IL'ite

Hi Vani,

I have been to Ohri's Basheerbagh many times but never had choley there, after seeing ur post iam tempted to go today itself...

if u want i can give u regular choley masla recipe...Imp point...if u grind some boiled choley along with choley masla n tomato...ur choley gravy will be nice n chunky and its tastes good...

Skavi

5. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

Thanks to everyone who responded. I make the regular chole with everest masala but the Ohri's one is simply superb. Im missing that more than usual since im away from home and probably bcos im dieting right now!!!

I had earlier participated in the kaburlu thread but now since the summer vacation here and my 2 kids at home , im unable to participate there.Nevertheless, i shall surely try my best.I was infact trying to remember some 'samethalu' and posting in another thread but could not.

Whoever has not tried this at Ohri's pls go ahead and have it today itself. Whoever gets the recipe can post it to me ASAP. Maybe, we should get hold of the chef there......:) just kidding !!

Chalo Hyderabadis enjoy now!!
    Malli kalustha tarvata
    Vani

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  6. sangeetahinduja

sangeetahinduja New IL'ite

hiiiii
    vani how r u

mujeh havmor ka chaole masala ki tuo pata nahin per mein aap ko punjabi chole banane ki recipe bata saktin hoon

chaola masala 2 tyeps ke hotin hain ek joo sirf dry masala se banya jaata hain or ek onion or tamoto ki grevy mein

aap ko kis tyep ka chalo masala ki recipe cahiya wo aap mujeh jaroor bata dena tuo mein aap ko recipe bata doongi

sangeeta

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008