Need Positive Thoughts

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by jillcastle, Sep 8, 2016.

1. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I am posting here after thinking a lot whether to post here or not. I just wanted to vent. I need some strong positive thoughts. I am in a total mess right now. Currently our only shot is IVF and the cost is sky high. We did not get approved for the loan amount we applied. We are taking too much debt, on top of it, borrowing money from parents and it kills me that currently I am the primary bread winner of the family. And I am not getting any younger.

If I need to take bed rest or something, we cant even manage with the current debt in hand. On top of all this, my doc has now asked me to do a minor surgery to remove polyps before proceeding to ivf, which I just found out is not covered by my insurance. I cant help but think what if I end my life. My parents will be affected the most, but otherwise all these problems will end. DH will marry someone else, and all will forget me eventually. I know it is a stupid thought but cant help from thinking like that.

I dont want to be like this. I thought I was a strong woman, but I feel so weak. I feel so depressed and stressed out and I know this stress is not going to help with my ivf. I want to read some positive stories to develop some confidence that DH and I can face this. DH has been very suppotive, but I dint share these thoughts with him. I donno if he would understand my current feeling. He may get mad that I posted this, but I donno what else to do. Pls share some positive thoughts ladies...

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Can you travel to India for 1-2 months and see if you get the IVF done there. (get a contact of doctor from here only and then talk plan travel, when u need to start medicines)

other option, can you change to insurance plan which covers everything, (Our insurance was BCBS, and covered 3 IVFs full cycles. We didn't pay except copay and some copay for medicines).

momsky, vaidehi71 and MalStrom like this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

If you live in an IVF-mandated state you may be able to purchase an Obamacare policy that covers IVF. If your employer offers any plan that covers infertility services even partially see if you can switch. Open season is coming up soon.
    The surgery to remove polyps should be covered by your insurance since this is a routine medical procedure. See if you can get a regular ob-gyn to do it, so it gets coded as a regular procedure and not as part of IVF.
    Going to India may also be a cheaper option like Kashmirflower said.

vaidehi71 likes this.
  4. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

OP, take a deep breath. You are overwhelmed with all that is going on right now, and that is why you are having thoughts like these. Jaan hai to Jahan hai... meaning, When you have life, you have the world. Nothing is worth taking your life over.

Fertility :
    Yes, age is a factor, but worrying about it is neither going to slow your ageing(reverse is true btw), nor is it going to bring the child sooner into this world(again, reverse is true). Stress does more harm than good. WHat is the point?

Give your body and your mind some rest. As they say, it is insane to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results. Take a break from all this. Go for a vacation, both of you. Even a short inexpensive one will do..Exercise, focus on your work, and focus on each other.

You DH is supportive. YOu are blessed. Remember, you both are in this together. Talk to him. Unless you tell him how you feel, he will never know and you will never know what he thinks about the situation. If he will get angry about this post do not mention it to him. Just talk to him. share your worries.

Now coming to financial worries - Can he find some work, even if part time or some work from home? Perhaps tutoring? This may help lighten the burden.

Pray! May God Bless you! It will work out!

Anu3sree likes this.
  5. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

@jillcastle just relax and think. You were so positive and fought till today. Dont give up until u reach your LO. Polyp surgery has to be covered. I think there may be some miscommunications like thats a fertility treatment and all. But it's actually not. these insurance ppl try to manipulate things. You need to talk with them urself alot. Even for us we had 3 IUI uncovred. Suddenly this iUI i called to talk about IVF adter this cycle but she asked about IUI and said it will be covered. Actually it did. So dont give up. And one more thing i know time is rushing up but still undergoing a surgery end of the year is little tricky. If you can wait and take it next year with a new yr plan all your costs of next yr will be covered. And one more thing with whom you contacted for IVF finances. We have few other lending companies if you are interested i can pass the info. Lastly pls dont give up.

6. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

IL is full of positive stories . And you will post yours too one day.
    Period.

Like all said please have clarity about instance policy , they do manipulate a lot . Iam also in favor of suggesting to go to India where cost for IVF is high but is manageable for you I think .crush away this negative thoughts... You are more than this ...and you will survive this phase .
    Please do not ever think Of taking your life ,no one forgets and no one moves on. And i can't even explain the effects of that on your parents . Your husband is supportive , toghther look out for solutions . This may be the toughest exam for you ...pass it with flying colors .
    Pray , be calm and work on it.
    This too shall pass.

God bless you , you are in my prayers. Hugs !

Agony likes this.
  7. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

@jillcastle

Calm down dear.. Take a deep breath..
    Push a away all the negative thoughts from ur life immediately.
    I know this is difficult , but u got to fight this.
    Ur blessed to have a supportive husband and parents who can help u financially.
    I like the idea of getting an IVF done in India. See if this works out for u ..
    I have no clue about the insurance policies and details.
    I know for sure , u would be sharing ur success story very soon ..
    Hang in there & never lose hope ..
    Prayers with u ..

8. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

Dear op,

I say "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade". You say your only shot is IVF. Is it 100% confirmed? Did you get a second opinion about this? Why is it that you are the primary bread winner? Can anything be done to change the situation? If you are sure about going down the IVF way, India will be a better option. There are hospitals that offer you package deals (like you pay 3 lac upfront and they will take care of everything ,including multiple IVF rounds, until you get pregnant) .Do some online research . See if you can find something like this near your place . There are women who did IVF and went on to work till few weeks before the delivery. So please stop worrying about bed rest.
    Age is not a major issue too until u are in your mid 30's or older. Just keep telling yourself that you are a strong woman ,not a quitter. Go through pregnancy forum. You will find many success stories where women conceived against all odds. Above all,believe in god and yourself. Good Luck!

Agony likes this.
  9. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

Blow after blow after blow. Came to work in the morning and lots of talk about many layoffs in my office. I have been called to meet HR today. Please pray for me. Cant bear this anymore...

10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Nothing, I have to repeat: nothing, is ever as bad as it seems. This is one thing I wish I had listened whenever others told it to me.

Deep breaths.