1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need People When Old

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 18, 2018.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

True dear old people have to accept life as it comes. The present age is different from the olden times

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I agree with you centpercent. Now a days old couple themselves like to stay in old age home. For some it agrees but some it does not. Old people should keep themselves busy so that they can be happy. True Technology is our best friend. But many d not know about Technology

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Geetha for the super fast like

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

What to do father is father

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Welcome dear.I can understand dear. Sorry to know you could not spend time with your parents and grandparents.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your feedback

sindmani likes this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Honestly,feel friendship is an overrated word these days.Everyone just seeks company to keep them feel secure at any stage in life and not just old age.

Secondly, if we want the relationships to last there should be give and take and an ability to let go.

We are all going to die alone and expecting others to keep us happy is just a blessing these days.We should start to enjoy our own company.

Accepting every stage,person is different and does not last is important to understand.

Nowadays in senior citizens home,there is no dearth of amenities,hobbies and people around.still people are unhappy.Even if we have everything..there is always a “seeking”.

Good savings,decent health ,low expectations,hobbies and a place which gives a sense of belonging is the foundation for happiness.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sorry Anika dear just noticed I forgot to.reply you. Wanted to write on this when I put in Google for quotes came across the tittle and wanted to.see who had posted and was surprised it's my thread

Thanks for the thought provoking feedback

anika987 likes this.
  9. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

I too happened to visit this thread only now - do not know how i missed it. I usually read each and every post of Op without fail.
    I do not know to what age group u belong, but this is the perfect advise that any senior citizen can and should follow. Myself being a senior citizen, Im happy to say I follow the above and am happy in my own world without too much expectations from others whether it is family or friends.

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Same here Joy dear I also follow what Anika said. I never compare my life with others and happy with what I have

anika987, joylokhi and GeetaKashyap like this.