Need Motivation to work after a break

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by pattumom, Jan 13, 2013.

1. pattumom

pattumom Junior IL'ite

Hi all,

I am sure most of you had gone through what I am going through now - short break after baby is born. I did my masters in US and had a baby. I need motivation to start job hunting. Please give me tips to starting searching for jobs. Daily chores involving bay is keeping me occupied 24/7. Pls help!!!

2. prettydevil

prettydevil Platinum IL'ite

start slowly by preparing your resume first....
    then post your resume on one site and see if you can handle the responses/call along with the baby and then slowly get going...

wish you all the good luck!!

Edit: See if your baby has some sleep schedule and adjust your job hunt accordingly...

3. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Congrats on the new arrival. It is never easy to get back to job after a break, and with a baby at home with whom you would like to spend your time.
    You can get started with work from home jobs.This will give you flexibility. Go for jobs that pay you on assignment basis. You can work at a time convenient to you.
    As your baby grows you can look at going for a job full time. Meanwhile you will not have a long career gap, when working from home.

Regards
    Yamuna.

4. marlboro

marlboro Bronze IL'ite

its best to keep the baby on a schedule..that way its easier to anticipate your free time and prepare for calls, resume writing etc

5. TPandita

TPandita New IL'ite

I have just come out of that phase,,, I am working from home at night and also a few hours during the day (when the little one sleeps).. no doubt it is highly exerting, but I believe that u have to loose some comfort to get a reward...