1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

need little bit encouragement!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by psych, Feb 9, 2012.

1. puspita

puspita Silver IL'ite

Dear Husband....:)

2. psych

psych Gold IL'ite

Thanks Sri for understanding the context! I will just observe. what you said is true - he wont understand my points over there.

i will keep busy and take care of the kid!

3. psych

psych Gold IL'ite

Thanks everyone for responding. I will keepthose points in mind

For now I am gonna concentrate on all those masala dosas, vadas i can eat!!! Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

4. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

aloo chat, samosa chat, paani puri...aaloo tikki...goshhhh you are one lucky lady!!! some how the taste there doesnt match up to the taste here!!!

enjoyyy tons of shopping and street side binge eating!!!

5. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

One samosa chat please! ji thank you ..mirchi thoda kum :coffee

:biggrin2::biggrin2:

1 person likes this.
  6. psych

psych Gold IL'ite

Haan sabke taraf se mein kha loongi. Dont worry about that :)

7. Dhanlakshmi

Dhanlakshmi New IL'ite

DH is acronym for Dear Husband, one can use superlatives of Dear. :)

8. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

pahale, kuldevatha manthir jaake aajaana...mat boolna...
    samji kya??

9. caringwoman

caringwoman New IL'ite

Dear Psych - I have read some of your previous posts. Here are some pointers from me.

As some others have mentioned, pretend that you have not heard any negative remarks. Do not dignify such remarks with an answer /argument. Even a single argument will be a never ending cycle, so do not even get into that mode.

Try your best not to get into an argument with DH before PILs/ SILs unless the situation really demands it like all of them abusing you etc. You and DH may share a great relationship otherwise, but the one word /argument you utter will give ammunition to ILs to cause a bigger rift if they really are of that mindset.

Do not react even if you feel that DH is spending more time with his family even if you feel ignored. He will appreciate you for it. Just consider that these 7 days as your opportunity to spend more time with your kid. Have a nice smile planted on your face and do your chores, play with your kid , if the situation is overall good, try to be nice to all and cook some good stuff for PILs.

10. psych

psych Gold IL'ite

Back from my India trip!! It went smoothly! Even my sil/mil were well behaved. The SIL was really well behaved. Her basic nature hasnt changed much but she was atleast not extremely mean to me. And besides, everything was about my son. They all enjoyed my son very much.

DH was supportive too. The one thing I noticed this time was that the mil/sil would tell everything to me andnot DH. Like gossip, money to me. I just provided an ear and that was it. Tehre were some snide remarks here and there but i let it go. DH also supported on one and 2 instances about my weight.

there were new demands of 3 lakhs for business and a new house. DH rejected those ideas as well. They said they wanted another house but they didnt want to sell the existing house. We said we cannot afford it. They already have 2 houses and if they wantto buy another housethey will have to sell the one they are living. DH seems supporting so far.

Also, I gave my SIL a lot of encouragement to move out of the house. She hates her father. But you cant hate your father when you are living in his house, and driving his car around. She doesnt live in the real world and has a skewed view about the realities of life. you cant have everything you want - especially if you dont have the means to afford. But I do see a opening where I can encourage her to live a better life for herself and her daughter. I am planning to keep doing that

I hope I will be happy :)

2 people like this.