Need Inputs About University Of Texas Arlington

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by blessed, Dec 7, 2017.

1. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

I heard it through grapevine, the foreign graduates have to leave US if they couldn't find an OJT program / placement within 90 days of their graduation. You may want to consider future job placement when choosing the graduate program / location.

2. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much my friend
    Your post has certainly enlightened me to large extent, I did google and researched a lot about this University and it did give me positive vibes..
    I directly spoke to her friends and yes you are right the only disadvantage is lack of public transport, but the girls have now got used to it and manage fantastically, they take turns and shop for each other. Thanks again for your inputs Madras 2018

3. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Yes she is my only daughter and has been pampered to the core by her Dad. He never allows her to travel alone and we have always been very protective of her so far.
    I really want her to be independent and capable of taking care of herself. My hubby is already worried about her decision to study in US but for once this girl is very keen and adamant. I hope she will more confident after she completes her masters

Endlesshope and Sandycandy like this.
  4. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Her friends who have gone there last fall (August 2017)have got 5 year students visa, and this will enable them to work after they finish the course. My daughter wants to finish her masters and work for at least 2 years. I believe you should choose Universities which has stem programme

5. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

This was 2017 June news from Duke. Many had trouble finding OJT placement.

My best wishes for your daughter.

6. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Texan Dude, Seems like a degree from northwestern has not helped you be gainfully employed. Stop trying to chat up women on this forum, including the ones that are lonely or have marital issues. Quoting you: you only live once, so get a hobby or utilize time effectively. Better than being a sleaze.

Archanaanchan likes this.