Need information on Indian compounds/schools in Riyadh

Discussion in 'Indians in Riyadh Province' started by NiranjanaA, Mar 11, 2009.

1. NiranjanaA

NiranjanaA New IL'ite

Hi

I am from Chennai and live in Bangalore for the past few years. My husband has got a reasonably good offer in IBM in Riyadh. Am not here in need of information of compensation and saving potentail. I have got enough information reading the earlier postings :).

I need some information on the following

Visa for Mother - My husband wants to get his mother with him, atleast temporarily. What is the procedure ? Is is possible to get her here for 3 / 6 months visit visa ? We are not looking at permanent Visa, since we are sure, she wont live with burkha / abaya always. Any thoughts on this are welcome. Are there many people with their parents (mothers) here ?

Indian Compounds - Is there any compunds in Riyadh with majority of Indians living, I read compunds abut westerns, I dont want to stay there for obvious reasons and perfer to live with Indians.

Parties / Get together - Are there any parties / get together with the Indian (Tamils) communities and how are the ladies keep them selves busy. I am not party going type, but always love to live with friends.

Schools - Read about IIS and IIPS, how are they and hos is the standard ? Again am not too much worried becuase my son is only in UKG and going to I std. Still need some information.

Once I have some information on this and when I have more queries, I will write. Request all the ladies to help me with thier views, which will help me to decide.

Thanks in advance.
    Niranjana

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Re: Need more info on relocating to Riyadh

Hello Niranjana,

Welcome to Indusladies...and hope you have a smooth relocation to Riyadh.

Yes, you can bring your mother-in-law here on a visit visa. (my MIL is here at the momemt.)
    But, first your Husband has to come and finish the procedure of his residency, then apply for the family visa to bring you and your child..and then he will have to proceed with the visit visa procedure .
    (If you need the details of the procedure now itself, let me know...I will give it in my next post here.)
    Initially the visit visa will be for a period of 3 months and that can be extended twice for 3 months each...ie, totally for 9 months she can stay here at a stretch.

Regarding compounds, there are compounds with mostly Indians... I stayed in an apartment in Riyadh last year, though.
    There are different Indian/Tamil groups with regular get-togethers every weekends or at other regular intervals.

Regarding schools, I guess, I maynot be able to give you much details right now.But I hear, the standard of education in Indian embassy schools are not bad in Riyadh.

Let me know, if you need any other clarification. I will try to let you know, what I am aware of. I am in Saudi for 1 1/2years. One year in Riyadh, 5 months in Khobar and now in Jubail for the past 4 months.Hee hee have been rolling from one place to another Big Laugh

All the best and Bye.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  3. NiranjanaA

NiranjanaA New IL'ite

Hi Sarawathi

Thanks for the immediate reply :)

I want some information on the compounds. Is it neccessary to live in compounds to have a safe living ? I heard compounds are very expensive.

My requirement is to live in a safe place, where I can go around without wearing the abhaya / burka. What facilites does the apartments have ? Basically I want some free space to walk around for relaxation / exercise without wearing abhaya, a gym is also an added advantage.Will there be enough place to go for free morning / evening walk inside the apartment complex.

How much would be the rent for an apartment (2/3 BR) and for a compound ? If the difference is very high, I need to take a call. I will be living with my hubby and 2 small kids and occassionaly my MIL.

Will there be enough such apartments / compunds or we need to wait ?

Since am not able to imagine the life there and I have never lived outside India am worried :spin

Luv
    Niranjana

4. vikkymoodambail

vikkymoodambail New IL'ite

Hello Madam,

Dont worry. Riyadh is not such a bad place. It depends on locality. I am staying in Riyadh fo the last 2 years but there is free to go out without
    burkha. If you need privacy, you can go for Villas , but they are very costly because mostly these Villas have jim and swiming fool and tennis courts. Rent is pretty costly here. If the locality is good, a 2 bedroom apartment will cost you around 22000 riyals per annum. Cost of living is cheap excluding rent.
    You have good Indian Embassy schools with CBSE syllabus .

5. sugasubha

sugasubha New IL'ite

:)hi

am also new to riyadh since 3 months been here
    its really a good city u wll not feel that u r in saudi lots of indians on roads maals markets. its a good rocking city like chennai
    you can save u can hang out & even if u r at home time will go very fast..
    & about indian get together i heard somethng is there but i didnt not visit i got a hyderabadi frend so njoyng with them

ALl the best :cheers

6. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Niranjana,

Sorry for stepping in late here. Hope you have got the required information from the following posts here.
    Of course, within compounds you can move around without Abhaya....but outside that, you need to wear it.
    From my personal experience, I have stayed in an apartment, and safety wise, there has never been a problem for me...

All the best..

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  7. pradhiksha

pradhiksha New IL'ite

Hi all,

My husband is working in Riyadh, and I am travelling to Riaydh next week.
    Can anybody let me know the good and secured family apartment or villas information where more Indians stay.

We need near to sulamania or king abdul aziz street.

Thanks in advance...

-Radhika

8. Rajpam

Rajpam New IL'ite

Need more info on relocating to Riyadh

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TD vAlign=top>Hello,

I am from Indian and I have got an offer of riyal 5500 per month plus medical allowances as a store manager in Saudi Arabia Riyadh, but before comming i have few questions in my mind.
    Ques. 1 ) Is my salary sufficient to live a good life n save some money same time? and
    Ques. 2 ) Is it possible for me to bring my wife along with me once i am settled. say like after 1 yr.
    I would realy appriciate if you can help me with informations...

If possible please provide me breakdown of expenses ...

Thanks a lot in advance

9. Rajpam

Rajpam New IL'ite

Cost of living in Saudi

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TD vAlign=top>Hello,

I am from Indian and I have got an offer of riyal 5500 per month plus medical allowances as a store manager in Saudi Arabia Riyadh, but before comming i have few questions in my mind.
    Ques. 1 ) Is my salary sufficient to live a good life n save some money same time? and
    Ques. 2 ) Is it possible for me to bring my wife along with me once i am settled. say like after 1 yr.
    I would realy appriciate if you can help me with informations...

If possible please provide me breakdown of expenses ...

Thanks a lot in advance

10. janagha4

janagha4 New IL'ite

Need more info on relocating to Riyadh

:cheers
    Hi Niranjana

I am new member of indusledies.com . My name is anagha from Pune, Maharashtra,India.I hope u r enjoying stay in Riyadh. My husband got an offer for the post of Executive secretary in Royadh. They are offering salary of 9000 riyal with accomodation in Villa with vechile.I am also thinking to move with him to saudi. I just want to know what is your experience in Riyadh? I am asking you in all manner like living cost, savings. restrictions for ledies , safty for Indians etc. and tell me is this salary good enough for family of 2?
    waiting for reply
    :thankyou2:

Anagha