Need information abt spadiga malai

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by bhanuvetri, Nov 4, 2008.

1. bhanuvetri

bhanuvetri New IL'ite

Dear Ladies
    I have some queries regarding spadigamalai(ஸ்படிகம் மாலை)or Sphatik Mala or Quartz crystal in english

I bought a twofaced Rudraksh
    I want to fear that with spadigamalai

The count of spadiga malai is 108+1 beads
    we thought i can tie it in gold and wear it but the problem is, the length is too much if i am using all beads
    so i thought of using 54 beads(my mum told we can half of the count too)but its too short
    But the jewellery shop person told me that we can wear spadigam beads in multiples of nine
    is it so?
    can i wear spadiga malai in multiples of nine or i have to wear the full malai..please clarify my doubt
    thanx in advance

2. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Hi Bhanuvetri,

Thank you for your post in IL! Yes you can wear it in multiples of 9. 108 will be good. Yu can tie is silver also and wear it. Hope you have got the related issues resolved already else you can have these. Keep posting in IL! This is for those who want to know too!

3. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Hi!
    i read somewhere that rudraksh is not to be worn by ladies of menstruating age as .I even experienced it myself .It was very hot to wear .Also spatik is to be worn by ladies who completed grihasta life.Please double check with elders & priests as the way they advertise Rudraksa is not good.Spadiga mala can be used for nama japa.